February 20, 2020, 03:11:26 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: summer is comming  (Read 52778 times)

November 06, 2019, 06:43:54 PM
Reply #345

HDBitchin

Administrator
I like the look of that wooden upper dash.

November 13, 2019, 09:52:02 PM
Reply #346

bc45

Global Moderator
I like the look of that wooden upper dash.

It looks awesome. 
Agree Agree x 1 View List

November 14, 2019, 02:06:12 PM
Reply #347

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Have this nice 41 Chev

The front has a sub frame that coverts it to a rack and pinion steering and lowered coil springs.  It came in for loose steering found one inner tie rod that had a huge 1/2 play and one of the rack mounting bushings was completely broke.

Man that thing is old.  It's 5 years older than me!!   }=

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Funny Funny x 2 View List

November 26, 2019, 08:40:05 PM
Reply #348

bc45

Global Moderator
 @J F Go Cuda update
Rear disc brakes complete

Got the chrome trin on the rear installed, that was a job drilling all the clip holes for the trim as the vehicle did not come with it .

Lower valance and rear spoiler,

not found of the wheels but those are the ones he wants to run

P/S and other under hood items getting hooked up

Like Like x 2 View List

December 21, 2019, 09:15:38 PM
Reply #349

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  Cuda update. We got it running on Thursday temporary wired since the interior is still out of it. forgot to tell at the beginning that not only has it sat for  a long time the previous owner had it stripped  down for a drag car so some things are taking time like the heater box that was in about 5 pieces Todd got the box repaired and installed friday, the steering column shaft cut and welded to length since we changed it over to P/S will get pics of column on Monday.

now that the heater box is in place the electrical harness and new dash and cluster can go in.
sorry it is going so slow but sourcing parts can be challenging like one of the doors for the box was missing 
Like Like x 2 View List

December 22, 2019, 01:14:02 PM
Reply #350

J F Go

Community Advocate
That has always been part of the reason that the MOPAR product is so hard to find, both the car itself and used parts, because when they turned them into drag cars, and more than a few were, they threw the parts away that weren't necessary. And most of those Drag cars just kept being cut up till there was nothing left. Nice to see one that you could save. You will find that the opposite is usually what happens. Thanks for keeping me in the loop @bc458) 

January 09, 2020, 08:16:44 PM
Reply #351

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  Cuda update.
steering column back in here is the reworked shaft end to fit the P/S box.

the 440 decals installed

this is the Dakota digital dash unit that will go in.

The dash and module wired to the car, the outer cover and trim not installed yet.

January 09, 2020, 08:27:50 PM
Reply #352

bc45

Global Moderator
Hear is why you dont buy a car on the internet without going to the car to look at it or have a shop from the area where the car is at look at it.
this thing has a lot of rust in the floor boards, it has a piece flat steel weaved between the rust in the floor that the seat belts are bolted to. It came from Florida. The motor we thought might have a solid cam but we found out it just doesn't have enough oil pressure to pump up the lifters. the customer paid 11K for this thing.

January 10, 2020, 04:57:22 AM
Reply #353

J F Go

Community Advocate
That Cuda is moving right along. To bad about that guy who got stung with that wagon. Sounds like he may have been an emotional type buyer. You've probably heard the old car salesman line, "There's an ass for every seat."  Unfortunately it's true. Have a great day @bc45 and thanks for the update.  8)

January 10, 2020, 08:53:31 PM
Reply #354

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Great update @bc45
Two Lane Highway

January 12, 2020, 10:19:54 AM
Reply #355

HD Vic

Warm weather is a hit an miss but still find time for the ol Buick.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Like Like x 2 View List

January 12, 2020, 11:27:08 AM
Reply #356

HDBitchin

Administrator

Nice! Is that what was called a Buick Grand National?

January 12, 2020, 12:38:52 PM
Reply #357

HD Vic

This one is an undercover grand national. It's a regal with a turbo engine also called a TType.

January 13, 2020, 04:45:02 PM
Reply #358

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member

Nice Detroit Muscle!!
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

January 24, 2020, 07:48:17 PM
Reply #359

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go 
the Cuda getting aligned

The Cuda is almost ready to go home 3 test drives in just a couple small things to dial in.
The grill came out nice it is the original and it was in rough shape we sanded and painted it at the shop

Like Like x 3 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer