December 14, 2019, 08:54:45 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: summer is comming  (Read 50041 times)

July 29, 2019, 08:15:48 PM
Reply #330

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Man, that '63 Buick is pretty.  Does that have a 425ci?
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

July 29, 2019, 08:20:20 PM
Reply #331

bc45

Global Moderator
Man, that '63 Buick is pretty.  Does that have a 425ci?

Yes it does

July 29, 2019, 08:22:49 PM
Reply #332

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Is that also the first year without the Dynaflow transmission?

Kinda date-ing myself here...    {= £~¥

July 29, 2019, 08:38:00 PM
Reply #333

bc45

Global Moderator
Is that also the first year without the Dynaflow transmission?

Kinda date-ing myself here...    {= £~¥

Yes it has the dynaflow trans, I think buick actually had a trans they called a dynaflow back in the mid 50's not sure it is the same one as the one in the 60's. the shift pattern confused the tec that drove it as he has never seen a auto that you shift all the way down for Reverse.

July 29, 2019, 09:21:18 PM
Reply #334

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Ooooh, that's right.  I remember now.  I found that out the hard way on my Dad's '64 Wildcat.  So I guess the Dynaflo was present until at least 64.  Maybe it was '65 when they finally went to a form of Hydramatic.  They used to refer to the DF as a slushbox tranny because you never felt it shift.  Kinda like a snowmobile.   ;D

October 09, 2019, 08:05:24 PM
Reply #335

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  Mopar time
The Aerospace components for changing over to 4 wheel disc

the caliper mounting and parking brake assembly's and axle going in

The owner wants to run wider tires and wheels and was going to get a custom narrowed rear end. But B body car rear ends are narrower then the E body cars and will give him the clearance he needs. We found one out of a coronet and cut the spring mounting plates and welded them back on to line up to the Cuda springs and painted it.

Engine getting bolted into the engine compartment

Like Like x 2 View List

October 09, 2019, 08:08:18 PM
Reply #336

bc45

Global Moderator
This is a real nice 64 Impalla came in for brake work

Like Like x 2 View List

October 10, 2019, 06:39:39 PM
Reply #337

J F Go

Community Advocate
That Cuda is getting my heart pounding. That is so freaking nice @bc45. Thanks Bob. 8)

October 21, 2019, 08:27:49 PM
Reply #338

bc45

Global Moderator
 This is a nice little ford, it is a all steel body the frame is aftermarket dropped front axle and coil over rear suspension, and a slight built motor. it drives nice and just has that cool look.

October 21, 2019, 08:45:27 PM
Reply #339

bc45

Global Moderator
This Falcon has a story, the owner had great one that he paid 30K for. 2 years ago and wrapped it around a pole, He saw a add for this one in southern Cal,when he was looking at the pictures and zoomed in on the rear window he saw a sticker from some 1960 race,His old one had the same sticker so he called the seller and was told that they bought a wrecked one from a insurance action from Washington state so they could get the running gear from it to put in this one.  he went down and found out it was all his original running gear and bout it. we are going to pull the motor and trans so he can take it to get the body and paint work done.
It has a stroked and board 351 to a 427 and it is fast I got to ride in it when he had it in the first car.

it has a six speed trans

It stops with WilWood  brakes on all 4 corners

rearand front coil overs, front rack and pinion

October 21, 2019, 08:47:22 PM
Reply #340

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  Installing the front disc brakes on the Cuda

Like Like x 1 View List

October 22, 2019, 07:33:37 PM
Reply #341

bc45

Global Moderator
Got the engine,trans out. have to get the heater hoses and brake lines out. put tape on all the unwanted holes so the body guy knows to weld them up and flatten them out before painting.

October 22, 2019, 07:47:09 PM
Reply #342

HDBitchin

Administrator
What a great bunch of cars that come through your shop Bob!

October 22, 2019, 08:01:44 PM
Reply #343

bc45

Global Moderator
What a great bunch of cars that come through your shop Bob!

Yes we do. I am looking forward to see how this paint job comes out. I have a feeling it might be a bit before we see the car back.

November 05, 2019, 08:25:51 PM
Reply #344

bc45

Global Moderator
Have this nice 41 Chev

The front has a sub frame that coverts it to a rack and pinion steering and lowered coil springs.  It came in for loose steering found one inner tie rod that had a huge 1/2 play and one of the rack mounting bushings was completely broke.
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer