November 14, 2019, 04:41:36 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: summer is comming  (Read 49188 times)

June 27, 2019, 06:39:21 PM
Reply #315

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  I know what you mean my first car was a 64 Malibu  SS, I put a 67 350 hp small journal crank  327 from a corvette in it and all it had for brakes was 9 1/2 inch drum drum power brakes that waould fade fast comming back down from over 100 mph. but at 16 no fear or worries.
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

July 11, 2019, 07:20:51 PM
Reply #316

bc45

Global Moderator
We haven't seen this one in a while but it is my favorite one I think. 

Like Like x 2 View List

July 14, 2019, 03:39:09 AM
Reply #317

01rk

Retired Staff Member
This is our oldest sons 1972 Buick Grand Sport. He did a complete frame off restoration on and has won best in show in several car shows.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

Like Like x 2 View List

July 14, 2019, 07:50:33 AM
Reply #318

HDBitchin

Administrator
Very nice Buick!

July 23, 2019, 07:54:33 PM
Reply #319

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go the Cuda project is starting the motor should be here tomorrow. last week we pulled the motor and all the brakes and measured the hub bolt holes and patterns so we can order the disc brake kits.

Hows this for a coolant over flow Bottle

Remover the third member  it is a non posi 3:2 gear we are building a 3:5 posi for it.new parts ready to go in

The customer bout the optional wheel opening chrome trim that we installed for him
without trim

Like Like x 1 View List

July 23, 2019, 07:59:52 PM
Reply #320

HDBitchin

Administrator
Ha ha! I wonder if the overflow is EPA compliant!

July 23, 2019, 08:04:14 PM
Reply #321

bc45

Global Moderator
@01rk  Very nice Buick £~¥
Like Like x 1 View List

July 29, 2019, 04:18:57 PM
Reply #322

J F Go

Community Advocate
AHHHH, Thank you @bc45. That was a nice taste of MOPAR "fix" that is appreciated for sure. Looking forward to more pix, for sure.  8)

July 29, 2019, 06:49:17 PM
Reply #323

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  the heads and motor for the Cuda

July 29, 2019, 06:54:33 PM
Reply #324

J F Go

Community Advocate
That is some nice right there. This guy is going to have a very nice running car when you get done. (Wish I was there helping.) Keep up the good work @bc45 and again thank for the pix and updates.

July 29, 2019, 07:08:30 PM
Reply #325

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  another Mopar, This came in for a alignment and see if we could make it drive an steer good. I am not sure what they were trying to accomplish. I dont know the whole story but the shop that did the work had the car for almost a year? the owner a younger guy took it out of the shop fed up.I dont know how much he is into it but it must be a ton. but we would have to start from scratch. 

it has front coil overs and a rack and pinion steering installed, but the torsion bars are still in with some tension on them, the rack was installed not centered so you have about 1?4 turn to the left when it hits the stop and 2 1/2 turns to the right when it hits the stop.

It has Wilwood rear disc brake conversion but they left the stock front disc brakes on.

It has rear coil over, left side adjusted almost all the way up and left all the way down and the car still sits low on the left.

under the hood looks nice and the 340 does run real good and the exhausr under the car was done nice and right.

They could learn to do double flares on steel lines so you dont have to have so many loops to make it fit
Like Like x 1 View List

July 29, 2019, 07:11:05 PM
Reply #326

bc45

Global Moderator
Now this is what you call a Sled

Agree Agree x 1 View List

July 29, 2019, 07:46:47 PM
Reply #327

J F Go

Community Advocate
Yeah those 340's ran strong. Always kicked my 383 in the quarter. Not so much in the mile. LOL. That 72 is on same platform that my 71 lived on. Those cars were not meant to go anywhere but straight ahead. Ask me how I know Ha Ha. To bad that young feller got took. But hopefully he'll get it all worked out before he gets discouraged and sells it.

July 29, 2019, 07:50:59 PM
Reply #328

bc45

Global Moderator
Yeah those 340's ran strong. Always kicked my 383 in the quarter. Not so much in the mile. LOL. That 72 is on same platform that my 71 lived on. Those cars were not meant to go anywhere but straight ahead. Ask me how I know Ha Ha. To bad that young feller got took. But hopefully he'll get it all worked out before he gets discouraged and sells it.

Its a shame also because it could be brought back to being a Great Mopar, but might get set aside and never finished or done right. There are not s many of the Mopars as other brands.

July 29, 2019, 07:54:46 PM
Reply #329

J F Go

Community Advocate

Its a shame also because it could be brought back to being a Great Mopar, but might get set aside and never finished or done right. There are not s many of the Mopars as other brands.

Yes and there are even fewer on that platform. Two years only.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer