July 11, 2020, 08:02:05 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Smallest flexible motorcycle Head-Up Display with cameras (NUVIZ)  (Read 15395 times)

December 19, 2019, 06:15:39 PM
Reply #45

IBE

there is to much to pay attention to, much less a headsup display... sorry i just dont get it unless its some one that has more money than braines. sorry but not for sure iam, its just me iam not into all the high tek crap that is on this world. all this shit is just that. iam so sorry but i wont ever go along with this high tek crap. it will get more people killed than needs to be. i guess we just have to agree to disagree why not put a screen so someone can text as well. sorry but i have to call it a night iam watching John Wick chapter 2 £~¥
IS IT UNDER A HUNDRED DOLLARS NO ITS A TEE SHIRT MADE IN CHINA

December 19, 2019, 07:52:13 PM
Reply #46

IBE

what a good movie so far £~¥

December 19, 2019, 08:52:17 PM
Reply #47

IBE

all right the movie is over now where were we????

December 19, 2019, 08:56:42 PM
Reply #48

IBE

ok i watched the video and i still stand with what i said in the first place. this will get bikers killed when they shouldnt be. and thats all i got to say

December 20, 2019, 10:39:44 AM
Reply #49

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
@IBE

You've been very clear, you don't like the idea of a helmet with added technology, so, don't get one!

As for me, and some others on this forum, we like the idea.  More than once I've managed to get my self lost because I missed a turn, or, didn't know where I was in the first place.  Some of these devices have a few features that would have made it easier for me to get from point A to point B.  Add to that the capability of staying it touch with friends and family and letting them know all is well while riding down the road instead of stopping and digging out the cell phone.  I also like to listen to music while I travel.  One bike has that capability, the other bike doesn't.  If I had a helmet with those features built in, I wouldn't get lost as often, could give the Princess a quick call with updates, contact the support team at, "HDBitchin Secret Headquarters" (Referred to in this Post, "Well Beyond "Too Broke" and, listen to my Speeding Ticket Playlist during my travels.

If the situation demanded more focus, I could also simply turn it off for a while.  (Many of these tech laden devices include an "OFF" switch.

It's your ride, you decide, and, let others decide for themselves.

Cheers,
Ferrous

December 20, 2019, 11:48:13 AM
Reply #50

IBE

hey people can buy whatever they want. i did not say not to buy one. dont know why people get so upset. i was stating my opinion and i personaly think they are dangerous no more no less. again this is just my opinion and mine alone

December 22, 2019, 02:31:47 PM
Reply #51

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
hey people can buy whatever they want. i did not say not to buy one. dont know why people get so upset. i was stating my opinion and i personaly think they are dangerous no more no less. again this is just my opinion and mine alone

@IBE

Yes, you were stating your opinion, repeatedly. I think we know where you stand on the issue of safety.
  Or, do we?

In the thread, Helmets, do you wear one? your reply, (#43) says you do not wear a helmet.  While I completely agree with your decision to not wear a helmet, it sorta conflicts with your safety concerns on this thread.  I should be clear, I won't wear a helmet if it's legal to do so, and, weather pending.

Maybe you could help me understand a little better?

Cheers,
Ferrous

December 22, 2019, 09:15:41 PM
Reply #52

IBE

@IBE

More than once I've managed to get my self lost because I missed a turn, or, didn't know where I was in the first place.  Some of these devices have a few features that would have made it easier for me to get from point A to point B.  Add to that the capability of staying it touch with friends and family and letting them know all is well while riding down the road instead of stopping and digging out the cell phone.  I also like to listen to music while I travel.  One bike has that capability, the other bike doesn't.  If I had a helmet with those features built in, I wouldn't get lost as often, could give the Princess a quick call with updates, contact the support team at, "HDBitchin Secret Headquarters" (Referred to in this Post, "Well Beyond "Too Broke" and, listen to my Speeding Ticket Playlist during my travels.

Cheers,
Ferrous
jee wizz i would like to help ya out but i dont think i can

January 11, 2020, 09:31:51 PM
Reply #53

HDBitchin

Administrator
This writer from Rideapart is just now realizing what we reported months ago, that NUVIZ is MIA and most likely closed. He writes that they went the way that Skully went but says at least NUVIZ made a product saying that Skully never made a product. Wrong the first Skully did make some product and did deliver a few helmets. Then sadly he doesn’t seems to know that Skully came back with new owners.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/374492/where-helmet-hud-nuviz-gone/amp/
As previously reported NUVIZ is gone and now the product is dead. Apparently the GPS Mapping software that is embedded in the unit has an expired license and because of that the unit crashes. Here is some info on the issue...

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/392362/nuviz-hud-stop-working-company-tanks/amp/

Problem is some websites like RevZilla have been still selling them. Buyer beware!
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 13, 2020, 04:43:43 PM
Reply #54

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
As previously reported NUVIZ is gone and now the product is dead. Apparently the GPS Mapping software that is embedded in the unit has an expired license and because of that the unit crashes. Here is some info on the issue...

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/392362/nuviz-hud-stop-working-company-tanks/amp/

Problem is some websites like RevZilla have been still selling them. Buyer beware!
Expensive paperweight or damn good doorstop now!
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer