October 17, 2019, 09:15:24 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Smallest flexible motorcycle Head-Up Display with cameras (NUVIZ)  (Read 9430 times)

December 27, 2017, 09:04:56 AM
Reply #30

HDBitchin

Administrator
New review of NUVIZ from Motorcyclist Magazine.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/jet-fighter-tech-or-pain-in-neck-we-test-nuviz-head-up-display

December 27, 2017, 10:17:24 AM
Reply #31

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

Well, I was hoping for a more positive, glowing review.  I'm not surprised it's only lukewarm.  I believe it's a good start, however, maybe a second generation of the Nuviz will be more practical.

The most endearing quality of the Nuviz is the ability to fit it to multiple helmets if you have a collection of them, or, move the device to a new helmet when you replace your existing one.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Agree Agree x 2 View List

December 28, 2017, 10:54:30 AM
Reply #32

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I think this first generation of NUVIZ has it positives but I think this is a market that has only begun to address the wants and desires of motorcycle riders.

The most endearing quality of the Nuviz is the ability to fit it to multiple helmets if you have a collection of them, or, move the device to a new helmet when you replace your existing one.

Cheers,
Ferrous
I agree that the most endearing feature about this first generation NUVIZ is that it can moved from helmet to helmet. Since helmets should be replaced for safety reasons it makes this a good choice for years to come depending on the useful life the NUVIZ will provide.

The question then is how long will a buyer be happy with the first generation NUVIZ? How many years of service and helmets will the NUVIZ serve?
Two Lane Highway

December 31, 2018, 11:19:22 AM
Reply #33

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

Checking through my e-mail, I found a little note from Revzilla.com regarding the annual closeout sales.  I found this little item with a serious discount.  NUVIZ Head-Up Display | 25% ($175.00) Off  I'll have to take another pass on this one, even at $525.00 instead of $700.00 it's a hefty chunk of change.

I speculate one of two things is happening.
1) Nuviz will be introducing a 2nd Generation soon and Revzilla wants to dump current inventory. (Although, it's still $700.00 at Nuviz and other sources.
2)  Revzilla is not moving enough of these and wants to dump a product that doesn't do well for them.

I just thought it was interesting to see it on sale.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 2 View List

December 31, 2018, 12:06:40 PM
Reply #34

HDBitchin

Administrator
Interesting that other sales sources haven't dropped the price. That being the case maybe your #2 thought is the reason for the price drop and RevZilla is trying to push them out the door at a loss.

December 31, 2018, 02:25:49 PM
Reply #35

HDBitchin

Administrator
Did a bit of looking around on the Internet via Google searches on two previous announcements in this thread about NUVIZ, their two partnerships seem to be MIA.

1) Looking at Schuberth's website I no longer see that they are selling NUVIZ as an accessory to their motorcycle helmets.
2) Looking at the KTM website they no longer seem to be offering the NUVIZ product as they once did.

May 13, 2019, 12:27:21 PM
Reply #36

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have heard that NUVIZ is closed. Another one bites the dust!

RIP NUVIZ

May 15, 2019, 02:34:14 PM
Reply #37

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Glad I never was tempted to buy one.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

May 15, 2019, 06:57:28 PM
Reply #38

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Im sure there's a market for the HUD helmets but for me I prefer the info to be displayed on my motorcycle, that's why I ride a SG special. 
CARS SUCK!

August 12, 2019, 08:38:49 PM
Reply #39

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have heard that NUVIZ is closed. Another one bites the dust!

RIP NUVIZ
About a month ago I emailed NUVIZ asking for a current status. They never replied.

They haven’t posted on their Facebook page since January 8, 2019.

RIP NUVIZ (the body is cold).

August 19, 2019, 11:56:18 AM
Reply #40

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
  Checking through my e-mail, I found a little note from Revzilla.com regarding the annual closeout sales.  I found this little item with a serious discount.  NUVIZ Head-Up Display | 25% ($175.00) Off  I'll have to take another pass on this one, even at $525.00 instead of $700.00 it's a hefty chunk of change.

I speculate one of two things is happening.
1) Nuviz will be introducing a 2nd Generation soon and Revzilla wants to dump current inventory. (Although, it's still $700.00 at Nuviz and other sources.
2)  Revzilla is not moving enough of these and wants to dump a product that doesn't do well for them.

I just thought it was interesting to see it on sale.

Cheers,
Ferrous

I did another 20 second dig into this subject, here's what I found:

1)  By clicking the link above, you'll see Revzilla still has them in stock... opps!
2)  The app is still available, but, has not been updated for 10 months as of 08/19/2019.

So, money is a little less of a concern these days and payday is tomorrow.  Other than a company that doesn't seem to exist, and no more software support, I'm not seeing much of a risk.  Just Kidding!  I like the product, sorry to see it go.

Cheers,
Ferrous

August 23, 2019, 11:10:57 AM
Reply #41

HDBitchin

Administrator
  I like the product, sorry to see it go.

Cheers,
Ferrous
If you like the NUVIZ type of design the below link is to a product that is very similar.

ARGON Transform - Camera, GPS and Bluetooth for your Helmets

October 05, 2019, 09:14:30 PM
Reply #42

HDBitchin

Administrator
This writer from Rideapart is just now realizing what we reported months ago, that NUVIZ is MIA and most likely closed. He writes that they went the way that Skully went but says at least NUVIZ made a product saying that Skully never made a product. Wrong the first Skully did make some product and did deliver a few helmets. Then sadly he doesn’t seems to know that Skully came back with new owners.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/374492/where-helmet-hud-nuviz-gone/amp/

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.