January 16, 2019, 09:27:03 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Running Wires Inside Handlebars on a Throttle By Wire (TBW) Bike - DIY  (Read 3235 times)

November 29, 2013, 11:51:27 AM
Read 3235 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
If you are installing new handlebars on a bike with TBW and want to run all the wires internally, change the existing throttle sensor.

The stock throttle sensor is part #32305-08 and contains a little green non-serviceable clip that makes it hard to run all the switch wires internally inside bars.

To give yourself some room there is a different throttle sensor part #32310-08 that is used on CVO models that does not have that green clip. Using the CVO throttle sensor when changing handlebars, just makes life a little easier.

Below is an attached picture of the harness with the green clip. Imagine trying to feed wires past that green monster!!

See the attached document for details...

Please Note: Guests without accounts will not see documents. Please register an account or login if you are a member.

HDBitchin, an HD Forum (a Harley Davidson Forum)

March 14, 2014, 08:04:19 PM
Reply #1

individuallywrapped

I take it that the metal tube with the gear at its end. Slides into the handlebar. With the gear protruding out the end of the handlebar. The grip that goes over it and in the bottom of the grip is where the gear resides and mates with the gear teeth inside the grip. Is the end or bottom of the grip open to allow access to the gears? If not, does the butt of the grip, look like it was separate from the grip tube before assembly?

March 14, 2014, 08:38:44 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
I take it that the metal tube with the gear at its end. Slides into the handlebar. With the gear protruding out the end of the handlebar. The grip that goes over it and in the bottom of the grip is where the gear resides and mates with the gear teeth inside the grip. Is the end or bottom of the grip open to allow access to the gears? If not, does the butt of the grip, look like it was separate from the grip tube before assembly?

Your "take" is correct.   

The gear on the sensor protrudes just out of the handlebar and the grip slides over the gear with a mating gear inside the grip. I have done a replacement of my stock grips and can say from experience there is no end cap that allows access to the gears.

December 30, 2018, 03:16:21 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
Related thread is linked below...

Handlebar Upgrades/Installation

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.