November 27, 2020, 01:00:36 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Dyna Pictures  (Read 20542 times)

January 01, 2018, 10:46:24 AM
Reply #15

HDBitchin

Administrator

Nice pics but a few words of what ya have there in those pictures would be helpful. Just sayin...  ^*?

^-^ Welcome to the forum!!  :)
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 10, 2018, 08:55:17 PM
Reply #16

bc45

Global Moderator

a couple of nice looking Bikes, what are they

May 11, 2020, 02:12:30 PM
Reply #17

Nanook

>:D

Finally summer is getting started!

Dyna FXDX 2002

/"
Like Like x 1 View List

May 13, 2020, 09:03:08 PM
Reply #18

bc45

Global Moderator
@Nanook   nice thanks for sharing

July 29, 2020, 12:48:11 PM
Reply #19

mqqn

Global Moderator
My 2006 FXDI after it's first wash in TN. I had neglected it during the move and subsequent remodel. It is st a local shop now getting a 2 into 1, tune, high flow airbox and a new front tire.

Going to have some fun in the Tennessee hills.

Best
mqqn

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200729/f0ce96c38c38792dff419af735d3b94a.jpg
Dyna Pictures

July 30, 2020, 06:52:14 PM
Reply #20

bc45

Global Moderator
@mqqn  post some after pics thanks for the picture
Like Like x 1 View List

July 31, 2020, 06:57:24 AM
Reply #21

mqqn

Global Moderator
I sure will!!  /"

best

mqqn

October 16, 2020, 04:55:41 PM
Reply #22

frostbite

My recent purchase of a 2001 FXD DYNA Super Glide with 110,000k's (70,000 Imperial Miles ?) - Only 8,3?? K's per year (5,000 miles?) and it is in fairly good condition for a 19 year old HD ...  Mostly All Original when purchased  -  It hasn't been pampered, but it doesn't look like it has had a hard life either, and IT will definitely get looked after like it deserves by me as I have loved every motorcycle I have ever owned ... OVER 40 Motorcycles since aged 13yrs back in 1966 ...

This DYNA is My 2nd DYNA FXD that I have owned - the first Dyna I Bought New in 1996 from Southport HD Dealership on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia ... and that was HD Number 4 and this is HD Number 6 ....  I Started on HD's back in 1986 with a New FLHTC Electraglide Classic that I had for nearly 5 years, Backtraded it on a 1972 FLH Shovelhead that was ALL Original with just Under 15,000 original Miles and was imported from OREGON USA where it had been a ONE OWNER BIKE  until Dave Reedie from Harley City in Melbourne bought it to bring back to Australia for his Shop - I Managed to Talk Dave into selling it to me and we done a deal and I ride it back to Wodonga 300k North of Melbourne ... and I Never Test rode it before purchase - I Started it up in the shop - 2nd Kick and away it went and it just sat there Idling away very nicely like all good shovels do ..  Just Beautiful and it - to this day IS the ONLY GOLD Factory Painted Harley D that I have Ever Seen ... 

I restored the old '72 and It only needed a Light Hone for the cylinders - a New Set of 'Total Seal' Rings and New Guides & Valves for the top end - Everything else was in pristine condition - Mechanically A1 Condition and always a pleasure to ride and I actually WON 1st Price Trophy at one of the Bike Rally Shows for BEST PRE-EVOLUTION HARLEY DAVIDSON in 1992 at the Brown Farm Rally up near Mossvale NSW ...  Nice Bike and lots of memories on that Shovel .....

Next was a Custom that I built from a 1972 Frame with a 1977 FLH Engine, a 4sp Tranny and a Genuine 1938 UL 1" Stem SPRINGER front end that I got chrome pated to Show Quality ....  the Rear ROUND Swingarm was Lengthened 2" and the Bike was done in a White Pearl Paint and it looked quite good and went real nice out on the highways .... Great Cruisin bike back in the mid '90's  and then the '96 DYNA which was an absolute Blast of a bike - Especially after  Idrained the 'FISH OIL' from the forks and put the correct amount of ATF in them as well as AIR CAPS on top of the fork legs and hand pumped 8psi into each leg - That tidied up the front end nicely and improved the handling considerably .....  That Dyna was sold in November 1997 after the Car Crash that almost killed me and I Never thought I would ever ride a motorcycle again ....

Some 20 years Later I was finally talked into getting myself another bike and because I was put on a government Disability Support Pension in the year 2000 I didn't have a lot of money to buy a bike with but I managed to Sell a few guitars & amplifiers and get a small bank loan I bought a HD Replica (sort of) it was a VN900 Vulcan - and Yeah, I know so don't go hassling me about it - BUT it DID get me back into Motorcycle Riding after 20 LONG DIFFICULT YEARS of Hearing & Seeing Lots of Bikers out there enjoying their machines - and that VN900 certainly gave me 2 years and 20,000 kilometers of trouble free Riding Pleasure Until I traded it IN on HD Number 5, a 2015 XL1200 Custom, Now that was my First Sportster and Although it was a Sporty it definitely had that HD Feel & Sound to it and I happily rode it for about 18months and clocked up around 15,000k's on it and then I found and bought MY 6th HD and my 2nd DYNA, the 2001 FXD DYNA Super Glide .... and it IS the NICEST 67th Birthday Present I Bought for Myself ...

And I plan on RIDING IT EVERY CHANCE I GET ....  I have to have MY FIX at least ONCE a WEEK - AFTER 20 Years away from a BIG TWIN HD - I HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO .... and the DYNA is ALWAYS BECKONING ME for 'JUST ONE MORE RIDE' ... and of course I ALWAYS RESPOND as it does - Ignition ON, One Pump of the Throttle/Accelerator and a Stab of the Starter and like that OLD '72 Shovel this Old Boy just sits there Idling away very nicely - the Sunshine and the blacktop awaits .

RIDE SAFE BOYS & GIRLS -
Greg  aka 'frostbite'
COOMA NSW
'JUST RIDE' ...  forget the shit ....
Like Like x 2 View List

October 16, 2020, 08:08:56 PM
Reply #23

HDBitchin

Administrator
Nice story @frostbite !

HDBitchin Rep (Karma) given for sharing!
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

October 16, 2020, 08:13:08 PM
Reply #24

bc45

Global Moderator
@frostbite  thanks for the picture, it is a nice looking bike,  Thanks for sharing your Bike history with us.

October 16, 2020, 10:13:03 PM
Reply #25

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Cool story and never apologize for riding anything with two wheels

October 18, 2020, 06:55:26 AM
Reply #26

mqqn

Global Moderator
Nice story - glad you are back on two wheels!  <\

best

mqqn

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer