June 18, 2019, 06:01:58 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Birth of the Harley Davidson V-ROD  (Read 4165 times)

April 27, 2014, 10:10:00 PM
Read 4165 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
This is a long video but it is a very interesting piece of HD history.

October 11, 2015, 02:17:54 AM
Reply #1

TrakRat

This is a long video but it is a very interesting piece of HD history.

This is an awesome video. A must see for any true HD enthusiast. Having been on/off air-cooled and the Revo, I can attest to not only it's attributes, but the complete lack of knowledge about the V-Rod among the faithful. Love it or hate it (V-Rod), this video is well worth the time. It puts HD in a complete different light in terms of know-how and engineering.

October 11, 2015, 04:24:53 PM
Reply #2

WantMore

Supporting Member
I agree, it is a must watch. HD really did some engineering testing on this motorcycle prior to bringing it to market. The video tells a great development story.
Smoke em if you got em

October 12, 2015, 10:06:15 AM
Reply #3

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I watched this video awhile ago and agree it is a good one. If memory serves me the V ROD was introduced in 2002 so it has stood the test of time.
Two Lane Highway

October 14, 2015, 08:11:00 PM
Reply #4

bc45

Global Moderator
Great video. I did not know much about the V Rob.

May 02, 2016, 08:18:02 AM
Reply #5

maniacmac

Global Moderator
The video tells a great development story, who knew so much went into developing a new model.
CARS SUCK!

December 13, 2016, 06:01:13 PM
Reply #6

Capital Jack

The V rod is in its last year of production, however the factory race team will still run a version of it
Nuff said. Were burnin, daylight- Lets ride
  Florida is home, 29 years sober
{I may not git it right the first time, But I will not be KNOCKED OUT til I git it done RIGHT}

December 15, 2016, 05:18:34 AM
Reply #7

TrakRat

The V rod is in its last year of production, however the factory race team will still run a version of it

I've heard the "last year" for the last 10 years. Maybe so this time. In any case, it would be a damn shame if we lost it. Then again, the MoCo is systematically and deliberately turning the Evo/TC/M8 into the Revo, piece by piece.  Maybe the faithful will accept it that way. Unknowingly. 

However, the M8 is like fitting Grandpa with a hip and knee replacement. Old dog, new tech sprinkled about, slightly better, still limited.   Whereas the Revolution was a flat-out masterpiece.

Factory race team? You referring to Vance & Hines maybe? Far as I know, they are the only V-Rod team out there professionally.

January 05, 2017, 07:00:40 PM
Reply #8

Capital Jack

I've heard the "last year" for the last 10 years. Maybe so this time. In any case, it would be a damn shame if we lost it. Then again, the MoCo is systematically and deliberately turning the Evo/TC/M8 into the Revo, piece by piece.  Maybe the faithful will accept it that way. Unknowingly. 

However, the M8 is like fitting Grandpa with a hip and knee replacement. Old dog, new tech sprinkled about, slightly better, still limited.   Whereas the Revolution was a flat-out masterpiece.

Factory race team? You referring to Vance & Hines maybe? Far as I know, they are the only V-Rod team out there professionally.

Nope an actual factory race team, it will be the VR 1000 resurrected  this time it will win in Super Bike competition
Nuff said. Were burnin, daylight- Lets ride
  Florida is home, 29 years sober
{I may not git it right the first time, But I will not be KNOCKED OUT til I git it done RIGHT}

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.