March 24, 2019, 02:48:04 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Poll

So, tell me, do you wear a helmet?

Yes, only because the law says I have to
8 (19%)
Yes, I am more comfortable riding with a helmet but the law doesn't require it.
20 (47.6%)
Yes, or, Sometimes, even though I live where it's not required.
10 (23.8%)
No, I prefer to ride without, where I live their is no requirement.
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Helmets, do you wear one?  (Read 13778 times)

July 02, 2016, 09:14:30 PM
Reply #30

HDBitchin

Administrator
Yes! Always,It's not a law, I'm comfortable with it.

Sent from my iPad using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app
My feelings exactly.

July 04, 2016, 06:31:05 PM
Reply #31

jonda1

Supporting Member
Back in the 1960's I rode without a helmet.  But then California law came to require one.  I have to say that I don't think I would ever want to ride without one now.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Like Like x 1 View List

September 30, 2016, 08:06:41 PM
Reply #32

halestorm79

Indiana does not have a helmet law. I actually feel safer riding without a helmet. I have a better field of vision and the wind is not whipping my head around all the time. With that being said, I have only ridden with a full face shield helmet and have considered trying something less bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

October 01, 2016, 10:58:58 AM
Reply #33

Poohbear63

Well, I didn't for many years but here recently when I'm gonna be in much traffic I'll wear one. I've had a few helmets thru the years but I finally bought an Akoury and I've caught myself wearing more than I would have been before. Must be old age catching up....

Sent from my SM-G900V using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

December 12, 2016, 02:01:31 PM
Reply #34

Capital Jack

Retired Staff Member
Only in helmet states  other wise it is my Beret
Nuff said. Were burnin, daylight- Lets ride
  Florida is home, 29 years sober
{I may not git it right the first time, But I will not be KNOCKED OUT til I git it done RIGHT}

June 03, 2017, 07:03:21 AM
Reply #35

Eddieblz

Only if I use my bike for work because they require me to.
To late now.

June 11, 2017, 09:34:07 PM
Reply #36

Brent526

I do because i saw what not wearimg a helmet did to my friend's family. He's alive but never gonna be able to funtion 100%, family and friends have gone through a lot and forever will need to provide for him. Yup  its a choice in Arizona and I understand what my choice could leave my family. I will always wear my brain bucket

Sent from my SM-T377V using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

Agree Agree x 1 View List

June 12, 2017, 12:52:37 PM
Reply #37

mqqn

Global Moderator
I typically DO, but on some rare occasions I will doff the helmet.

I live in a rural area on the far outskirts of a town of 100,000. If I think I am going into town, I'll put on the helmet almost 100% of the time.

If I am just going to take the 'Glide out for a country putt, I'll sometimes leave the helmet at home.

On the metrics, I always wear the helmet, except for short rides around our lake (1.5 mile circuit at 25-30mph).

100% ATGATT when touring.

best

mqqn

June 12, 2017, 06:42:55 PM
Reply #38

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I typically DO, but on some rare occasions I will doff the helmet.

I live in a rural area on the far outskirts of a town of 100,000. If I think I am going into town, I'll put on the helmet almost 100% of the time.

If I am just going to take the 'Glide out for a country putt, I'll sometimes leave the helmet at home.

On the metrics, I always wear the helmet, except for short rides around our lake (1.5 mile circuit at 25-30mph).

100% ATGATT when touring.

best

mqqn
I love you use the term putt, that what I called years ago and now no one understands me when I say I what take the scooter out for a putt
CARS SUCK!
Like Like x 1 View List

March 09, 2018, 06:04:04 PM
Reply #39

MongoMN

I always do...grew up in the dirt and it just stuck!
I'm outta here...
Like Like x 2 View List

January 09, 2019, 08:45:22 AM
Reply #40

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
I always do.  Started on day one back in '63.  Back then it was a status symbol.   8) ;D

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Like Like x 2 View List

January 09, 2019, 08:54:52 PM
Reply #41

GeorgeKM

Not for 45 years but got a couple half helmets for the wife and I this summer. Didn't wear it until this fall and man it was warmer, heated grips were great too. Not required here.

When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton

Like Like x 1 View List

January 13, 2019, 08:36:31 AM
Reply #42

Rolling59

Helmet. Not required here in Florida.  Prefer full face.  But sometimes, local stop & go I use a half half helmet.  I have friends that have gone down wearing full face, head is first or second thing to hit the ground.  Their helmet(s) were destroyed but they kept their ugly mugs.  I guess I’m comfortable wearing one since I started riding in my forties and find this to be a fun but dangerous sport.  So any edge I can give myself for impact survival is usually taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.