July 23, 2019, 07:38:54 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Check your helmet month  (Read 10931 times)

December 23, 2015, 10:10:28 PM
Reply #30

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
Checked Joanie's last month and realized that it was no longer fitting as well as it should. So we are shopping around? Good to know!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2019 ASSISTANT TEAM LDR

July 07, 2019, 02:14:35 PM
Reply #31

HDBitchin

Administrator
Went to Cycle Gear today to buy a replacement half helmet. My current half helmet has served me far too long.

I like the Bell brand of helmets. I have a full face Bell Bullitt that I use on colder times of the year. I looked at other brands but settled on a Bell Pit Boss half helmet. I needed a large size and would have preferred the glossy black finish but in the large size all that they had was matte black which I settled for. It is a nice helmet that has a flip down sun visor that hides away inside the helmet when not being used and it also has this Speed Dial adjustable fit system that snugs the helmet just perfectly tight so that it won't ride up in buffeting wind conditions. And one last thing is that it has a removable neck curtain for cold weather riding.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bell-pit-boss-helmet-solid

July 08, 2019, 08:17:13 AM
Reply #32

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Bell Pit Boss has been my number helmet to wear for a few years now, it's comfortable and the rear adjustment won't allow the half helmet to fly forward off your helmet in an impact. I have a Shoei full face module helmet for long rides or winter rides.
CARS SUCK!
Like Like x 2 View List

July 08, 2019, 10:18:24 AM
Reply #33

HDBitchin

Administrator
Bell Pit Boss has been my number helmet to wear for a few years now, it's comfortable and the rear adjustment won't allow the half helmet to fly forward off your helmet in an impact. I have a Shoei full face module helmet for long rides or winter rides.
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know you have one and like it.

July 11, 2019, 08:58:19 PM
Reply #34

bc45

Global Moderator
I also have the Bell Pit Boss 1/2  helmet. the adjustment in the back snugs it up for a perfect fit and the flip out sun visor is nice and also helps if you get caught in the rain. You probably wont have the rain issue.

July 11, 2019, 09:44:29 PM
Reply #35

HDBitchin

Administrator
I also have the Bell Pit Boss 1/2  helmet. the adjustment in the back snugs it up for a perfect fit and the flip out sun visor is nice and also helps if you get caught in the rain. You probably wont have the rain issue.
I appreciate the feedback. With both you and Dennis giving it a thumbs up it makes me feel even better about my purchase. I have used it 3 days this week and think it is a winner.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.