March 24, 2019, 02:18:42 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Motorcycle Helmet with GPS Navigation Display - LiveMap  (Read 9946 times)

January 03, 2019, 07:48:05 PM
Reply #45

HDBitchin

Administrator
From the previous posts in this LiveMap thread you can see that LiveMap has been actively attending and promoting their design by attending motorcycle and electronic shows. That effort to get the news out is continuing with their attending (and me too) the upcoming 2019 CES venue in Las Vegas. That event will take place on Jan 8 - 12, 2019.

Me too? Yes, I have been asked to attend as a volunteer and work the LiveMap booth for the entire show. As a Preorder customer I am extremely pleased to assist LiveMap at CES 2019. Since the date of my Preorder back in July of 2017, I have exchanged a number of personal emails with LiveMap’s owner which has further convinced me and made me a firm believer that LiveMap has a solid design and great future. When they asked me to work their booth as a volunteer I was honored.

Email from LiveMap announcing CES 2019...

CES 2019 Press Release on LiveMap’s News page...

https://livemap.info/news/we-are-happy-to-announce-that-livemap-is-going-to-showcase-its-newest-smart-helmet-prototype-at-the-ces-in-las-vegas/

This next link is to LiveMap’s exhibitor info at CES...

https://ces19.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=T0008407

If you are in Vegas during CES 2019 drop by the LiveMap booth and say hello to me and the LiveMap Team.
On Monday I travel to Las Vegas to attend CES as LiveMap’s brand ambassador!

I am looking forward to this!

January 04, 2019, 09:41:52 PM
Reply #46

HDBitchin

Administrator
Livemap will present PROTOTYPE D at the CES 2019 in Las Vegas. Booth: South hall, AR/VR zone. Booth 21843

Prototype D: Industrial design for mass production, with co-development with Smirnov Design studio. Next generation optic engine, with smallest volume and better integration in the helmet, projection in this prototype will be directly to the visor with a “combiner” (transparent mirror which generate images) in a single piece, combiner will be as surface of visor.

Here are some pictures of Prototype D which is the "Industrial Design" for mass production...

January 05, 2019, 04:48:44 AM
Reply #47

mqqn

Global Moderator
The helmet looks very "aero" - which would hopefully mean it does not generate it's own wind noise.

I would be interested in hearing how easily the visors are changed out (I change from tinted to clear fairly often) and how much replacement visors are as they are somewhat expendable due to them being in the wind (and rocks and bugs).

Interesting concept - more like a jet fighter HUD than the ones on my car, since the car display does not move with my head, it's just on the inside of the windshield -

Cool stuff - I envy my grandchildren for the technology the'll experience.

best

mqqn
Agree Agree x 1 View List

January 05, 2019, 08:24:29 AM
Reply #48

HDBitchin

Administrator
@mqqn

It does look aero.

The visor is photochromic and will tint as sunlight intensifies.

At this point I don’t know what a replacement visor will cost and they might be pricey since the surface of visor is the HUD “Combiner”. The HUD’s optic engine will project onto the visor’s transparent mirror surface. The combiner “traps” the HUD projection onto the transparent mirror surface of the visor to make a visible image.

Next week I should know more.

January 05, 2019, 08:55:51 AM
Reply #49

maniacmac

Global Moderator
One good thing that comes with competition is lower prices
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 2 View List

January 05, 2019, 10:03:25 AM
Reply #50

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
That is an slick looking helmet! It looks like this high tech helmet market is finally here!!
Two Lane Highway

January 05, 2019, 11:17:24 AM
Reply #51

HDBitchin

Administrator
Just heard from Andrew at LiveMap that a replacement visor for this helmet will be estimated at retail $100-150.

A little bit higher than classic visors.

https://www.revzilla.com/face-shields-visors

But as you can see this next link to a Shoei photochromic visor is at that price point.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-cwr-1-photochromic-pinlock-ready-face-shield

January 05, 2019, 12:02:52 PM
Reply #52

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Just heard from Andrew at LiveMap that a replacement visor for this helmet will be estimated at retail $100-150.

A little bit higher than classic visors.

https://www.revzilla.com/face-shields-visors

But as you can see this next link to a Shoei photochromic visor is at that price point.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-cwr-1-photochromic-pinlock-ready-face-shield
Since this breaking new ground I think that is a very reasonable price for a HUD visor that is photochromic. You certainly can't do price comparison shopping as it highly specialized. That price is very acceptable.
Two Lane Highway

January 05, 2019, 08:47:01 PM
Reply #53

mqqn

Global Moderator
yea - Shoei and Arai are both spendy for their visors, especially the "special" ones.

I know that the HUD has some requirements - the two C5 Corvettes that I have (well - sold the Z06 but...) both had HUD specific windscreens with a special anti-lacerative layer that provided for a crisp HUD image.

I like the HUD in the Vettes - and it would be a nice thing on the bike - it's not that safe or easy to check my phone navigation that is mounted to the handlebar mounts on a ram-mount.  I can usually get by with the audible navigation that comes through my CB setup which has an input for my phone.

Good stuff - thanks for keeping us informed!

best

mqqn
Like Like x 2 View List

January 06, 2019, 05:40:40 PM
Reply #54

WantMore

Supporting Member
I think the dawn of the High Tech Helmet is Here!! Those LiveMap PROTOTYPE D pictures look good!
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 View List

January 06, 2019, 07:19:56 PM
Reply #55

HDBitchin

Administrator
On my way Vegas in the morning to attend CES 2019 with LiveMap!

January 07, 2019, 09:49:59 PM
Reply #56

HDBitchin

Administrator
Left Phoenix at 4 AM this morning. The CEO of LiveMap proposed that I attend an Angel Funding presentation with him and his team. If Angel Funding doesn’t make any sense think of it as like the TV program Shark Tank. At first the idea was that as their Brand Ambassador I would answer questions that the venture capital judges would want to ask a biker. And I would give a biker’s perspective. Well it ended up being more that me just being in the background. LiveMap ask me to do their “pitch”. The “pitch” was limited to 4 minutes and then another 2 minutes for Q & A.

The rest of the day was spent talking to investors that wanted to hear more. I quess my “pitch” was received well as a number of investors came to talk one on one to know more.

But honestly the product speaks for itself. I just gave it a voice today.

Tomorrow the CES convention opens and I will continue to work as their Brand Ambassador in the booth. CES is huge! It's expected to attract over 175,000 attendees and will feature over 4,000 exhibitors, including many big-name consumer electronics, PC, chip and auto industry companies.

Here is the LiveMap team at the Angel Funding...

And just to prove I was here and was up close and personal here are a few pictures of the LiveMap helmet and an HDBitchin business card...

An earlier prototype

The earlier prototype and Prototype D setting next to each other

Prototype D views

January 10, 2019, 05:48:53 AM
Reply #57

HDBitchin

Administrator
Still here in Las Vegas at the CES event with LiveMap as their Brand Ambassador.

Here are a few pictures of the LiveMap booth and me wearing the final version of the helmet that will go to mass production at the end of this year.

January 10, 2019, 10:17:03 AM
Reply #58

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

Well, look at that, our Forum Administrator is also a Motorcycle Helmet Supermodel!

The helmet does not appear as bulky as I thought it would be.  I'll look forward to reading your first impressions.

Did you get to take one home?

Cheers,
Ferrous
Funny Funny x 1 View List

January 10, 2019, 07:22:02 PM
Reply #59

HDBitchin

Administrator
@FerrousBueller

Ha ha! Yes a super model!

I have some more pictures to come of the other brands. Hope to get them up later tonight. I even found a couple of other high tech helmets that somehow we have missed on reporting on. So some new helmet threads are to come soon.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.