April 12, 2021, 06:00:02 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: How do you conceal while riding?  (Read 13164 times)

March 27, 2021, 06:18:10 AM
Reply #30

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Only one way to find out.
Note: One can dial in the amount of magnetic energy quite easily during charging / fabrication of the mag panels.
This is an oportunity for the MFG to come out with a part that is specifically made for clothing usage.

One thing I have found with friends in the police force and military is that lots of times you don't carry because you have no perceived threats.
Having multiple areas in your vehicle where you can conceal a weapon (gun / large knife, etc) can make the difference in keeping you alive or someone else.
I can see a number of locations in a vehicle that you could use this type of mount for, lets say a shotgun mount to the back of a cab or to the cealing of the cab.
Some trucks have built in cargo containers into the fender wells. One mag plate there could hold any shotgun or rifle securely without it bouncing around.
The applications are near limitless.
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 1 View List

March 27, 2021, 09:04:23 AM
Reply #31

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Miss the days when we had gun racks in the back window of our pickup trucks even at the high school parking lot was common and no one thought anything of it
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

March 27, 2021, 09:30:34 AM
Reply #32

HDBitchin

Administrator
Miss the days when we had gun racks in the back window of our pickup trucks even at the high school parking lot was common and no one thought anything of it
Very true. No one gave a damn back in those days. My Dad had a 1966 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup that I ended up owning in later years that had a gun rack in the back window. I remember during deer season the parking lot at school was full of trucks with hunting rifles. After school we all went to our favorite places to hunt deer.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Like Like x 2 View List

March 27, 2021, 01:41:19 PM
Reply #33

GeorgeKM

I don't worry about how I carry when I'm in a State that allows open carry with a permit. I don't open carry anyway but on the wait is good enough for me. I carry 24/7

Sent from my Stupid Phone

Like Like x 1 View List

March 29, 2021, 05:39:05 AM
Reply #34

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
BTW, I have the sites that talk about CCLs in CA.
Ill send it out today.

My feeling was since your riding, the gun would have to be suspended on your throttle side.
That being the case (not neccessarily), you could use your throttle arm to hold your vest or jacket, or use a small magnet in the clothing that would attach to a metal clip on your belt.
Just enough to hold the garment still.
Also, it wouldn't be hard to dial in the amount of magnetism in  a plate to hold items less than twenty five pounds.
- Nowhereman

March 29, 2021, 06:10:27 AM
Reply #35

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Charlton Heston's collection...
- Nowhereman

March 30, 2021, 11:16:18 AM
Reply #36

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Charlton Heston's collection...

;D
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

March 31, 2021, 06:14:36 AM
Reply #37

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Haven't got the conceal thing portion down yet but, nice try....
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 1 View List

March 31, 2021, 06:30:23 AM
Reply #38

GeorgeKM

When I worried more about keeping it concealed, I use a shoulder holster. Maybe I'll add that to the waist carry this year because the revolver in the pocket is almost impossible to get to while riding anyway.

Sent from my Stupid Phone

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer