September 27, 2021, 04:03:28 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Another Effort On The History Of The Sportster  (Read 340 times)

July 25, 2021, 11:04:20 AM
Read 340 times

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Just passing this along.  Sorry if it is a repeat.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/new-life-for-the-old-sportster-line
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG
Like Like x 3 View List

August 02, 2021, 07:18:06 AM
Reply #1

mqqn

Global Moderator
Thanks @Rider Ron  -

I don't keep up with the new models at all unless someone posts something here.

I don't care for the styling of the new S model - but like the author of that article said, I hope that they start putting the Sport back into the Sportster; 120hp is a good way to start!

best

mqqn

August 03, 2021, 07:48:38 AM
Reply #2

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
@Rider Ron sent me the first announcement of the Sportster S stating that one might be my next bike.  Didn't think so at the time but with the later announcements, perhaps.

Ride a 2016 Sportster Custom now, A good, solid, dependable ride now that a few teething issues were worked out  What I look for is a more traditional look, perhaps because at my advanced age I'm looking back to what I liked but missed in my youth.  Fenders, upright seating, comfort on long rides, dependability, reasonable price,  all count high and exclude an awful lot of current cycles. Harley announced that other Sportster models are forthcoming, and the video shows a few teaser shots of models that may fit with my likes.  We shall see. 

Thanks for sharing. 
If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate.
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer