October 17, 2021, 05:55:53 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Sportster Exhaust studs  (Read 764 times)

June 15, 2020, 04:58:57 PM
Read 764 times

Knucklebuster64

Anyone else have a 04 1200c ?  I have found that the exhaust suds in the rear head are two different lenghts. Is this stock ?
   Trying to put new exhaust on the wife's and am having one hell of a time getting the rear pipe to seat enough to have enough threads sticking through the exhaust flanges on one side. {=

June 15, 2020, 06:07:54 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
We have several Sportster owners on the forum. Maybe they have some experience. I wonder if the stud is damaged?

Welcome to the forum!
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

June 16, 2020, 08:09:45 AM
Reply #2

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Mine are both the same length

June 16, 2020, 08:59:31 AM
Reply #3

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
   Anyone else have a 04 1200c ?  I have found that the exhaust suds in the rear head are two different lenghts. Is this stock ?
   Trying to put new exhaust on the wife's and am having one hell of a time getting the rear pipe to seat enough to have enough threads sticking through the exhaust flanges on one side. {=
I have a 2016 1200c and the exhaust studs extend about 3/8' to 1/2" past the nut.  The ends look like they are beveled slightly giving a semi-finished look.

Ronnie's HD has parts microfiche and the stud part # is 16715-83.  The 83 says the same part has been used since 1983.  His price is $3.49, probably higher at a dealer, but if you can get yours out it is a cheap repair.

See Ronnie’s HD Parts -Sportster Exhaust Studs

Good luck, and let us know how you resolved this.
When the going gets weird, the weird turns pro.

- Hunter S. Thompson

June 22, 2020, 09:54:06 AM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
From the link that @AbueloBill shared it would seem that with item #13 being the only listed part for all 4 of the Exhaust Studs, that with you having a shorter one it must be a damaged stud or a nonstandard replacement that someone installed.

What did you end up doing @Knucklebuster64 ?
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

June 23, 2020, 07:50:53 AM
Reply #5

AbueloBill

Supporting Member

Hit and run poster.

Joined the forum June 15th, asked a question, and hasn't returned.

:(
When the going gets weird, the weird turns pro.

- Hunter S. Thompson
Agree Agree x 2 View List

June 23, 2020, 08:22:35 AM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
Hit and run poster.

Joined the forum June 15th, asked a question, and hasn't returned.

:(
Agree.
HDBitchin aka Tank

Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer