September 27, 2021, 04:21:16 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Stereo problem  (Read 1599 times)

April 20, 2019, 11:08:04 AM
Read 1599 times

mbyrgesr71

2009 trike stereo works through the head set but not the speakers. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 20, 2019, 11:32:17 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Take a look at these two threads...

Harman Kardon Radio Diagnostics for Harley Davidson Motorcycles 2006 thru 2013

H-D Factory Radio Reset
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

April 20, 2019, 11:56:32 AM
Reply #2

mbyrgesr71

The only code I get is B2017 but I don’t find that cod any where?

April 20, 2019, 12:28:12 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
B2017 "Front speakers open" is what that code is.

The pdf document that is linked in this thread ,Harman Kardon Radio Diagnostics for Harley Davidson Motorcycles 2006 thru 2013, has that code on page 3 and on page 29 of the document it has the troubleshooting steps for B2017.

If you are using your iPhone and Tapatalk to see the document it might give you a partial document. You probably need to download the document on a computer.

The radio uses a rather large connector. I would check the integrity of the connection. Make sure the connector is firmly engaged.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

April 22, 2019, 07:11:00 PM
Reply #4

maniacmac

Global Moderator
The handle bar clamp bolt heads rub on the bottom of the stereo and damage circuit board cause the speakers not to work. Harley sells modify bolts with shallow heads because of this problem. I hope this is not what happened to yours because it ain't cheap to fix.

April 29, 2019, 08:10:46 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
Any good news @mbyrgesr71 ?
HDBitchin aka Tank

April 29, 2019, 08:12:31 PM
Reply #6

mbyrgesr71

No I believe it is shorting our inside the head unit but the good news is the head set still works..

April 29, 2019, 08:20:15 PM
Reply #7

HDBitchin

Administrator
No I believe it is shorting our inside the head unit but the good news is the head set still works..

Iron Cross Audio is one place that does repairs on the HD radios. Here is a link...

Harley Radio Repair
HDBitchin aka Tank

April 29, 2019, 08:21:58 PM
Reply #8

mbyrgesr71

Thank you. I think my father in law is tight on money. What do you think they would charge

April 29, 2019, 08:23:45 PM
Reply #9

HDBitchin

Administrator
From their website...

Iron Cross Audio performs repairs of the Harley Davidson Advanced Audio System by Harman Kardon.

A $250 flat fee is charged for all units without physical damage or extensive liquid intrusion. We offer fast turnaround…usually no more than two days…and a 1 year warranty with an included lifetime re-repair discount should you develop an issue outside the warranty period.
HDBitchin aka Tank

April 29, 2019, 08:25:17 PM
Reply #10

mbyrgesr71

Thank you!!
I will talk to my father in law

Like Like x 1 View List

September 04, 2021, 10:16:15 AM
Reply #11

BlackTieByNight

I had a similar problem with my Harman Kardon radio.  Sent it to Iron Cross, as others have said...$250. plus postage and they fixed it. They honor their warranty as within 6 month later the same thing happened...I returned it, they fixed it no charge.  This time I changed the oil in the front fork in an attempt to smooth out the ride a little. Time will tell!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer