October 17, 2021, 05:40:10 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Two Factor Authentication on HDBitchin  (Read 1780 times)

July 13, 2018, 01:16:58 PM
Read 1780 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
We now have 2FA aka Two Factor Authentication running on the forum. I have been testing it on my accounts and have seen it do what it says it will do 100% of the time. So I thought I would announce it to the members so that if you want to use it you can.

The mod that we are using is linked below. That is the developer's website link...

SMFPacks Two Factor Authentication

His sales page has some very good explanation of the function and how it works on an SMF website like ours.

It is optional for you to use but as the Admin of this forum I am using it so that anyone trying to log in as me and by chance has my password will be greeted with a locked door without a 6 digit authentication code.

My Admin account is very powerful and I can't risk the remote chance that someone might get Admin access and do damage to what we have. This is your forum and I have to run it responsibly so that it will always be here.

I also use 2FA on my website server account at GoDaddy. In fact, I use 2FA on everything I can use it on.

If you would like to use it on HDBitchin, it can be easily set up by visiting your profile and selecting Modify Profile > Two-Step Authentication. Then follow the steps to use it here on HDBitchin.

As far as methods of authentication the software we have here on HDBitchin will support Authy, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Firefox OS: GAuth, and Blackberry: 2 Step Authentication.

Don't own a smartphone that you can load one of those Apps onto? No problem! You can use your email too! (but I recommend using a smartphone and one of the apps)

More info here...

Wikipedia - Multi Factor Authentication
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Winner Winner x 1 Timely Information  Timely Information  x 1 View List

July 15, 2018, 06:34:42 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Here is a website that lists who supports 2FA.

Two Factor Auth List

You should be using 2FA wherever you can. The Internet is not as innocent as it used to be these days.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Like Like x 2 View List

July 26, 2018, 08:58:28 AM
Reply #2

WantMore

Supporting Member
Thanks for adding 2FA here on the forum. It made me rethink about my digital life and I have decided to use 2FA everywhere I can. At work we use RSA fobs and VPN login which made me think that what I was forced to use at work should be also something I do for my own digital life.

I don’t have a big bank account but I can’t afford to lose what I have. Why be an easy target?
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

July 26, 2018, 10:15:04 AM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
IMO, that is a Good decision WantMore. 2FA is so easily used and as you say, why be an easy target?
HDBitchin aka Tank

Like Like x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer