September 27, 2021, 04:15:27 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin® iOS App for Apple Devices has a New Acct Registration Problem  (Read 5660 times)

February 19, 2016, 07:23:34 PM
Read 5660 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
So here is the scenario, you are a guest and you are trying to register on our forum and you are using our HDBitchin® iOS App for Apple devices and you are having problems.

You register and submit and get a message that your login failed and the password is incorrect. It isn't your fault, it is an issue with our Apple app.

Not a very good first impression, I know.

I am working with the good folks at Tapatalk, the developers of our app, to quickly resolve the problem. As the subject/title of this thread says our HDBitchin® iOS App for Apple devices has a "New" account registration problem. It only is an issue if you are a new account registering for the very first time. If you have registered previously via a desktop or laptop using a full internet browser and you were to download the app from the Apple App Store it won't be an issue. Your established account will work on the Apple vesrion of our app just fine.

Passwords are not being correctly processed when registering a new account on Apple devices using our app. If you have registered on your Apple device using our app and select the Password Reset function the App will work fine after following the Password Reset steps.. Be aware that doing a password reset means you are forced away from your Apple device and would need to follow the password reset steps on a desktop or laptop using a full internet browser.

Once you get past the registration issue the app will work fine.

We should get resolution soon. Sorry to you new members for the bad first impression.

P.S. The Android version of our app works fine.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

February 20, 2016, 03:15:07 AM
Reply #1

RHSRA

Good to know.. I was using the app until I got locked out.. Figured it was a bug
Karma has a fantastic memory..... Choose Wisely

February 20, 2016, 07:21:08 AM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have a support ticket submitted to the folks at Tapatalk and have also sent an email to one of the developers that I have worked closely with.

We launched our Premium version of the BYO (Brand Your Own) apps with Tapatalk before any other forum did and because of that I got to work closely with them. That close contact has given me a good feeling about them and I am sure that they will resolve this quickly.

You can go back to using our Apple BYO app if you have reset your password. Once you have established your password it all works. The Tapatalk branded app also works on the forum.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

February 21, 2016, 04:55:03 AM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
So here is the scenario, you are a guest and you are trying to register on our forum and you are using our HDBitchin® iOS App for Apple devices and you are having problems.

You register and submit and get a message that your login failed and the password is incorrect. It isn't your fault, it is an issue with our Apple app.

Not a very good first impression, I know.

I am working with the good folks at Tapatalk, the developers of our app, to quickly resolve the problem. As the subject/title of this thread says our HDBitchin® iOS App for Apple devices has a "New" account registration problem. It only is an issue if you are a new account registering for the very first time. If you have registered previously via a desktop or laptop using a full internet browser and you were to download the app from the Apple App Store it won't be an issue. Your established account will work on the Apple vesrion of our app just fine.

Passwords are not being correctly processed when registering a new account on Apple devices using our app. If you have registered on your Apple device using our app and select the Password Reset function the App will work fine after following the Password Reset steps.. Be aware that doing a password reset means you are forced away from your Apple device and would need to follow the password reset steps on a desktop or laptop using a full internet browser.

Once you get past the registration issue the app will work fine.

We should get resolution soon. Sorry to you new members for the bad first impression.

P.S. The Android version of our app works fine.
Just wanted to bump this so that any new account registration attempts using the Apple app will understand we have a bug.

Fix is coming soon.
HDBitchin aka Tank

February 22, 2016, 12:21:00 PM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
Tapatalk was on the forum yesterday and late last night working and testing the Apple app issue. Hopefully they will release a fix soon.  :)

HDBitchin aka Tank

February 24, 2016, 04:06:13 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
Still an open issue. Tapatalk should have us fixed soon.   ;)
HDBitchin aka Tank

February 25, 2016, 07:59:53 AM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good news.

I received and email from the Tapatalk developers. They have duplicated the problem and a fix will be made on the Tapatalk plugin software for the server side.

That means no update will be needed to your App on your Apple device since the fix will be made on the forum side. Your iPhone or iPad will not need an update.

As you would expect we have loaded a software plugin to our forum that allows Tapatalk to work with our forum. The fix will be rolled out on that software plugin that is on my server.

It should be very soon that we will see their fix.
HDBitchin aka Tank

February 25, 2016, 07:29:57 PM
Reply #7

HDBitchin

Administrator
Tapatalk finalized the software fix and released it and I have loaded the new plug-in to our server. We are all fixed now.

I just made a test account using an Apple device and to ensure that an Android device will still work I also registered an account using an Android tablet. It all works fine. We are working great!

I have also done a bit of surfing the forum using the both a Apple and an Android device and have not seen any issue. If anyone sees a problem please let me know.

Thanks for being a member!!

HDBitchin aka Tank

February 29, 2016, 11:47:57 AM
Reply #8

WantMore

Supporting Member
Thanks for always keeping our Harley Home working at peak performance!
Smoke em if you got em

February 29, 2016, 12:08:15 PM
Reply #9

HDBitchin

Administrator
Thanks for always keeping our Harley Home working at peak performance!
My pleasure!  ;)
HDBitchin aka Tank

July 19, 2021, 04:47:03 PM
Reply #10

Jeffh6146

Hello and good evening, so am I assuming correctly and the iOS app is the Tapatalk app correct? Or is there an actual “hdbitchin” app in the App Store. I’m guessing Tapatalk since I can’t find anything else in the IOS App Store.

July 19, 2021, 05:15:07 PM
Reply #11

HDBitchin

Administrator
At one time we had a BYO (Brand Your Own) HDBitchin/Tapatalk app but when Apple raised their fees to a yearly subscription (in addition to what Tapatalk charged) we dropped it.

The forum does work on Tapatalk.
HDBitchin aka Tank

July 19, 2021, 05:52:18 PM
Reply #12

Jeffh6146

Excellent, thank you for the quick response and Tapatalk is just fine with me. That’s what everything else is on.
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer