June 15, 2021, 03:30:24 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Harley Street 750 Brake Issue?  (Read 2655 times)

November 26, 2016, 10:46:56 AM
Read 2655 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
As of today it is not officially recognized by Harley Davidson but a large customer base in India is telling Harley Davidson that the brakes on the Harley Davidson Street 750 are poor performing.

The Street 750 is a well sold model in India. With a larger customer base it is possible that the number of Street 750s on the road in India can give an early warning.

This alleged brake issue was possibly first reported back in 2015 in a motorcycle review that was done by Motorrad, a German motorcycle magazine. The link to Motorrad's article is in the below Lanesplitter article. The Motorrad article is written in German so the Lanesplitter article might be best for most of us.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/harley-davidson-street-750s-brakes-completely-fail-in-m-1729350316

The issue seems to be a brake fade issue that worsens with repeated brake applications.

Here is a recent link with the latest information that is being alleged.

https://www.rushlane.com/harley-davidson-street-750-brakes-12215062.html

Probably worth reading and following the story if you are a H-D Street owner.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

November 26, 2016, 04:27:43 PM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
If I recall correctly H-D sure has had a bunch of brake recall issues over the recent years.
Smoke em if you got em

November 27, 2016, 01:06:35 PM
Reply #2

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I wonder how many H-D Street motorcycles have been sold in the USA?

I stopped in at my local dealer yesterday and they had no Street models on the showroom floor. Does that mean, they are popular and can't keep them in stock or they aren't popular and the dealer doesn't stock them?
Two Lane Highway

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer