June 15, 2021, 03:11:01 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: New Firearms Products from AMSOIL  (Read 2249 times)

September 06, 2016, 09:18:39 AM
Read 2249 times

The Tank

If you own a firearm AMSOIL has introduced two new products that you might be interested in.

AMSOIL Firearm Cleaner

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/firearm-cleaner-and-protectant/?code=FCPSC-EA?zo=1977639

100% Synthetic Firearm Lubricant

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/100-percent-synthetic-firearm-lubricant-and-protectant/?code=FLPBA-EA?zo=1977639

The moving parts on firearms (actions, bolts, hinges) must be cleaned and lubricated to ensure top performance and long life. AMSOIL Synthetic Firearm Lubricant and AMSOIL Synthetic Firearm Cleaner presents premium upgrades over all-in-one products, which sacrifice performance in at least one area in the name of convenience.

Hunters and recreational shooters need their guns to perform when called upon, sometimes after an extended period of storage, after sitting for hours in a wet duck blind or while on a remote hunting trip with few opportunities to clean their gun daily. Since nothing will ruin a hunting trip or day at the range quicker than a malfunctioning firearm, AMSOIL firearm products were tested in a variety of firearms typically found at the range and in the field. The information gathered, along with extensive testing in the AMSOIL chemical lab, resulted in products dialed in for outstanding firearm protection in the most demanding conditions. AMSOIL firearm products guard against damaging corrosion, helping keep firearms working properly for generations.

September 07, 2016, 10:17:00 AM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
Interesting direction that AMSOIL is going here. I have heard that some folks use their MP (Metal Protector) product on firearms so maybe that is why they introduced this new product line.
Smoke em if you got em

March 07, 2017, 07:50:55 AM
Reply #2

mqqn

Global Moderator
Cool - I have been using MP - so I have some new goodies to throw into my next order!

best

mqqn

April 29, 2017, 04:05:59 PM
Reply #3

The Tank

Here is some background on the product development.

April 30, 2017, 10:19:33 AM
Reply #4

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I agree with using separate products for different chores.  When cleaning, I'll even use different solvents for copper fowling versus lead and powder fouling.

Although the oil I use is labeled "CLP" for Cleaner, Lubricant, Protectant, I will only use it for lubricating my guns.

I have similar preferences for my bike.  Different oils for motor, transmission, and primary.

Maybe these Amsoil guys are onto something...

Cheers,
Ferrous

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer