May 14, 2021, 05:41:29 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Eagle, Globe and Anchor (Marine Corps EGA) Custom Paint on my Tour Pak  (Read 8698 times)

December 19, 2014, 02:33:37 PM
Read 8698 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Here are a couple of pictures of my Tour Pak on my Electra Glide with a custom paint job of the Marine Corps "Eagle, Globe and Anchor" (Marine Corps EGA).

HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

December 19, 2014, 03:48:52 PM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
Nice paint job. I like the plate too. Semper Fi
Smoke em if you got em

December 19, 2014, 04:38:49 PM
Reply #2

individuallywrapped

That says it all! Larry, mind posting a close-up? I'd like to see the techniques used by the artist.

December 19, 2014, 05:22:41 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
That says it all! Larry, mind posting a close-up? I'd like to see the techniques used by the artist.
Thanks RJ! I am not sure if I have a real close up but let me look. If not I can take a close up tomorrow in the sunlight.
HDBitchin aka Tank
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

December 19, 2014, 09:50:59 PM
Reply #4

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Lookin' good, Larry!

PS.  Bob and I didn't ride today.  The softtail decided it wanted the day off.  Wouldn't start.   :(
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

December 19, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
Lookin' good, Larry!

PS.  Bob and I didn't ride today.  The softtail decided it wanted the day off.  Wouldn't start.   :(
Thanks Ron!

Got the new dog to the vet today and he has a good clean bill of health!

What does Bob think is wrong? Tell him to log onto the forum and we can help him get it going again.
HDBitchin aka Tank

December 19, 2014, 10:20:29 PM
Reply #6

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
I'll tell him.  He was going to try to make an appointment to get it in the shop, but not hopeful it would happen soon what with the holidays.  Plus money is tight, too (Christmas, etc).  But maybe it's something simple.  I'll rattle his chain.  He's a little slow on the keyboard  >:D  Would it be ok if he called you?
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

December 19, 2014, 11:33:42 PM
Reply #7

bc45

Global Moderator
Looks Good Larry.

What kind is the new Dog ?

December 20, 2014, 08:06:10 AM
Reply #8

LAWDOG

Hey Larry!  Looks great!!!
Fixin stuff that ain't broke...

December 20, 2014, 08:49:39 AM
Reply #9

HDBitchin

Administrator
Would it be ok if he called you?
Sure. Tell Bob to call me.
HDBitchin aka Tank

December 20, 2014, 09:07:05 AM
Reply #10

HDBitchin

Administrator
Looks Good Larry.

What kind is the new Dog ?
Thanks Bob!

We think he is either part Westie or Pit Bull Terrier and Poodle. He is another rescue. He's somewhere between 1 and 2 years old.  We got another rescue dog last year about this same time that is part Cairn Terrier and Poodle. We also have a 10 year old Pomeranian. 3 house dogs! Some folks might say we are crazy! 

Hey Larry!  Looks great!!!

Thanks Joe!
HDBitchin aka Tank

December 20, 2014, 02:19:01 PM
Reply #11

HDBitchin

Administrator
RJ,
Here are few close ups. Can you see the technique that the artist used in these shots?

HDBitchin aka Tank

January 03, 2015, 06:02:22 PM
Reply #12

individuallywrapped

Larry, now that's what I'm talkin about. If your gonna show off your art work. Do it like that! Looks dam good. One of the reasons I wanted to see better pictures. I wanted to see what the artist's techniques were for their lettering and the EGA. Lettering looked free handed with just an airbrush. Looked good too and they used a stencil when doing the EGA. Which is the way to do it. No over spray and a stencil or a straight edge will allow you a clean crisp line when and where needed.

January 03, 2015, 06:18:06 PM
Reply #13

HDBitchin

Administrator
RJ,
Thanks. I think the artist did a pretty good job. The paint hasn't held up in other areas but the graphic still looks as good to this day as it did on day one. This coming April 2015 I will have 7 years on that paint job and graphic.

The Tour Pak was first bought for my white 2005 Road King. When I purchased the Electra Glide in April of 2008 I had a local painter strip the factory white paint and match the Crimson Red Sunglow paint and do that graphic. 

The Tour Pak has held up well over the years. I had to replace the latches this past summer.
HDBitchin aka Tank

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer