June 15, 2021, 03:39:12 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Poll

What motorcycle wash products do you use?

S100 Motorcycle Care Products
4 (19%)
Meguiar's Motorcycle Care Products
4 (19%)
WD-40 Motorcycle Care Products
0 (0%)
FLITZ Motorcycle Care Products
0 (0%)
Black Magik Motorcycle Care Products
1 (4.8%)
RENEW Custom Cycle Wash Care Products
0 (0%)
Harley Davidson Motorcycle Care Products
2 (9.5%)
Original Bike Spirits Motorcycle Care Products
0 (0%)
Motorex Motorcycle Care Products
0 (0%)
Cycle Care Motorcycle Care Products
1 (4.8%)
Wizards Motorcycle Care Products
1 (4.8%)
Captain Richard's Best Cherry Motorcycle Care Products
0 (0%)
Bike Brite Motorcycle Care Products
0 (0%)
Other brand (add a post to tell us what you use)
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: What motorcycle wash products do you use?  (Read 10452 times)

April 25, 2015, 04:16:10 PM
Read 10452 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
I am not much for washing and cleaning my motorcycles. Those that know me will attest to that.  ;D  But to be fair, living in the Phoenix, AZ area we have very little rain and therefore no muddy road conditions so bikes stay fairly clean. Dust is always an issue so I do have a California Duster that gets regular use.

As far as a motorcycle wash product I like S100. It is simple and effortless. Spray it on and it penetrates all the cracks and crevices and then you spray/rinse it off and wipe the bike dry.

Cast a vote in the above poll and represent your favorite cleaning product.  If yours is not listed then vote "other" and post in the thread below what your "other" brand is.

If you would like to give more of your thoughts on motorcycle cleaning post away!!

Note: If you are using Tapatalk or the HDBitchin Mobile app the actual voting poll list does not show in the mobile app but you can reply in the thread below with your answer and maybe later when you come back on the forum using a desktop or laptop you can actually cast your votes.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

April 25, 2015, 05:10:59 PM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
I have used S100 and felt it does a good job. A bit pricey but worth the work it saves you.
Smoke em if you got em

April 25, 2015, 10:46:12 PM
Reply #2

rebel55

Da Blonde aka (Katrina) And mothers chrome polish & wax
I'm not totally useless: I can be used as a bad example

April 26, 2015, 06:44:16 AM
Reply #3

WantMore

Supporting Member
Da Blonde aka (Katrina) And mothers chrome polish & wax
Oh no! Let's hope Katrina does not see this! LOL  :))
Smoke em if you got em

April 26, 2015, 07:06:38 AM
Reply #4

the727doctor

Retired Staff Member
I like S100 as well. I have used Maguires products for years on my cars and trucks, so I use it on the scooter as well.  8)
The 727Doctor, ridin'n for those VET's that can't.
U.S.A.F. Msgt Retired.

April 26, 2015, 05:50:09 PM
Reply #5

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I have been using Cycle Care products that I get thru J&P Cycles. Does the trick!  :)
Two Lane Highway

April 26, 2015, 06:52:58 PM
Reply #6

rebel55

It's all good she is proud to do the cleaning and polishing , she told me to put the post up , LOL
I'm not totally useless: I can be used as a bad example

April 26, 2015, 08:34:22 PM
Reply #7

LAWDOG

More of a ride it, not fuss about it.  When I do wash her, I use a good car wash soap, decent wax (turtle Wax or Mothers depends on whatever one I find) , Pledge for Plastics, Plexus for Windshield and other lenses, saddle soap for leather.  May try the S-100 since you all have good things to say about it.
Fixin stuff that ain't broke...

April 29, 2015, 08:01:52 AM
Reply #8

WantMore

Supporting Member
It's all good she is proud to do the cleaning and polishing , she told me to put the post up , LOL
She sounds like a keeper!  ;)
Smoke em if you got em

April 29, 2015, 10:19:51 PM
Reply #9

bc45

Global Moderator
My bike is usually dirty most of the year with the rain and mist, I just use my car wash soap  which is Blue Coral then I usually use  Maguire's show car polish then a good wax.

August 13, 2015, 05:25:39 PM
Reply #10

tanker

I use Bug Slide. Spray on rag wipe bike down let dry to slight haze wipe with dry cloth. Works great

August 13, 2015, 11:41:07 PM
Reply #11

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
I don't use MC products to wash her; Just a power washer at the the local quarter car wash.
When I get back however, I use my Meguiars products that I use on my WS6 trans am and my custom bar hopper.
Nuthin better.
- Nowhereman

March 06, 2016, 04:18:38 AM
Reply #12

Emu

I've always looked at washing my bikes as part of maintenance ... as I wash, I'm closely inspecting ... spotting problems before they become problems. Now, as for products ... I don't bother with motorcycle labeled products ... a lot of money wasted on the higher price over regular auto cleaners. Being in Canada, I go to Canadian Tire and buy a big jug of whatever car wash ... for waxing I use a polymer product like Nu-Finish (once a year car polish) ... My last bike was 5 years old, had over 100,000 miles and looked show room new ... I'd rather spend my bucks on gas than high end priced MC cleaning products that do nothing more than the junk cleaning stuff I use. I also carry a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide for cleaning the windshield of bugs ... just spray, let the bugs foam up for a second or two and wipe clean. Fast and efficient and never a risk of scratching the shield at the pumps.  8)     

March 06, 2016, 04:12:34 PM
Reply #13

Harley Mike

S100 products work great. I used the one for cleaning and spray engine brightener. It makes quick work of cleaning your bike and leaves the black on the engine looking new. A bit pricy but in my opinion worth the price.
Life is short, enjoy it but don't self destruct.

March 06, 2016, 07:59:49 PM
Reply #14

jonda1

Supporting Member
I use Hondabrite.  I've always used it before I bought a Harley and see no reason to change.  It works great on plastics, the windshield, chrome and engine.  Never have had a problem with it.  Spray it on cold and rinse it off.  Easy.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer