June 15, 2021, 02:59:47 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Poll

In your riding life how many flat tires have you had?

Never had a flat! (knock on wood!)
20 (32.8%)
16 (26.2%)
12 (19.7%)
8 (13.1%)
1 (1.6%)
5 or more (I might be cursed)
4 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: How many flat tires have you had?  (Read 17537 times)

September 18, 2017, 01:27:10 PM
Reply #45

HDBitchin

Administrator
  Yup, had another one today. Not fun. Two, Two to many for sure. Check those tires and remember how many miles you put on them is also critical. Ask me how I know.

Ok, I will bite. How do you know?  :)
Here is a picture of the tire that @j f go had on the back of his SERK this weekend. He sent the pic to me and I asked him if it would be ok to load to the Gallery. I will let him add the details as appropriate.

HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

September 18, 2017, 02:15:47 PM
Reply #46

J F Go

Community Advocate
Here is a picture of the tire that @j f go had on the back of his SERK this weekend. He sent the pic to me and I asked him if it would be ok to load to the Gallery. I will let him add the details as appropriate.

Tires can either get you home or not. I check my tire pressure at least every other ride and ALWAYS check the tread visually. My tire did not have this showing when I left home. My friend and I always take turns running up front (  Pace car) and he didn't notice the tread being bad till we were heading home. And even saying that he thought that I had gone over some white paint and was wondering to himself "when did that happen" ?  We had gone to Bar Harbor for the day and no handling issues at all. We decided to come back on RT180 which takes you from Ellsworth to Clifton. It is a really nice twisty road that we have been riding for years. We ran about 60, give or take, most of the way and on one of the last hard left corners the rear felt slack and unstable. Rode it to a driveway and sure enough it was going down. By the looks of it it should have lost pressure immediately, but it didn't. Once again the SERK became a trailer queen. I've checked and that tire we installed that tire in Oct. of 14  and only had 13k miles on it. Just wanted everyone to know that mileage has as much to do with tire life as air pressure. I was only 25 miles from home and it took 3.5 hours to get back home. Just glad my friend has a trailer and no one got hurt. Not even the bike. Ride Safe. Rick

September 19, 2017, 10:13:44 AM
Reply #47

WantMore

Supporting Member
@j f go I think your guardian angel or maybe your rabbit foot or your 4 leaf clover was looking out for you on that ride!
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 View List

September 19, 2017, 10:25:18 AM
Reply #48

J F Go

Community Advocate
@j f go I think your guardian angel or maybe your rabbit foot or your 4 leaf clover was looking out for you on that ride!
To be very honest, I always ask God for "That hedge of protection " that I need every time. I ask that he keeps us safe from harm and that others see us long before we see them. That is what I do each and every time I go out on my bike. Once again I came thru with nothing more than a little aggravation.  :)
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 2 View List

September 19, 2017, 11:10:07 AM
Reply #49

Lurchrider13

I've been fortunate not to have a flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Like x 2 View List

September 19, 2017, 04:19:05 PM
Reply #50

J F Go

Community Advocate
I've been fortunate not to have a flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I would say you have. But that would also depend on how much, and long, you have been riding. We are glad you found our forum and if you wouldn't mind we would like for you to go to the New Members section and introduce yourself so others here could welcome you as well. We have some really knowledgeable and friendly people here. So again welcome and we hope you drop by often. :) 8)
Like Like x 2 View List

January 18, 2018, 12:46:00 PM
Reply #51

BuzzCap7

5++ BUT, BUT, BUT it was mostly MY fault.  Not HD's or Dunlops.

I went cross country with TP System on my valve stems that later I found out I should NOT have been using.

I was popping flats after flats.  "My bad."

Other than that, only maybe 2-3 flats in about 300K miles of riding.

BuzzCap7
IBA #47057
I Ride Like I Am An Avatar In A Video Game & Everyone Is Trying To Kill Me.
"Superior Riders Rarely Get Themselves Into Situations Requiring Superior Skills."
The Stronger Your Belief System The Less You Know

January 05, 2019, 09:51:04 PM
Reply #52

Screamin beagle

Supporting Member
I've had about 3 that I can remember, with only one leaving me on the side of the road. I had an 01 hayabusa and around 02 I think it was I was driving to work one morning and as went around the on ramp from one highway to another I felt the back end was a little squirmy. So I pulled over on the shoulder as soon as it was safe. You know how the road is sloped and particularly on the shoulder? You know where this is going,  so between the slope and the tire being flat as I put the kickstand down and got off the bike and turned to check for any cars coming up from behind that damn bike tipped over just missed the guardrail and did a little bounce and went about 6 inches under the guardrail. So now not only did I have a flat and my bike is on its side but now I have to drag it out from under the guardrail as the loose gravel does a number on my side panel. Bad day.
Sad Sad x 1 View List

December 10, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
Reply #53

IBE

not voting in this poll BAD MOJO ^*?
IS IT UNDER A HUNDRED DOLLARS NO ITS A TEE SHIRT MADE IN CHINA
Funny Funny x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer