November 30, 2021, 09:12:21 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: God's Road  (Read 512 times)

October 27, 2021, 06:06:58 AM
Read 512 times

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
I've probably said this before but, unless you haven't biked down highway 1, you should.
A bucket list run for sure and even though I've ridden it a dozen times or more,  I never get used to it and see new things each time.
This time (coming up), I am going to do a first; My oldest son, now 40 and I will ride together down Highway 1 together.
He's owned a Ducati for some years and goes on runs with his crotch rocket buddies around the state.
He's selling it now because (it doesn't fit me well anymore) and getting a BMW R1215.
Anyway I have this map, I've attached to this thread to give you guys who are landlocked a little bit of what I call, God's Highway.
- Nowhereman
Love It!! Love It!! x 2 View List

October 27, 2021, 08:35:05 AM
Reply #1

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I have ridden Hwy1 several times and I always recommend traveling south if possible. I love the scenery but am not a fan of the traffic.

October 27, 2021, 04:34:31 PM
Reply #2

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
I've tracked the times I have ridden it and most are in the fall.
Traffic wasn't bad but, I live here and what seems bad to some could be slow to me.
Now take LA, that's insane riding almost anytime.
- Nowhereman
Agree Agree x 1 View List

October 28, 2021, 12:03:17 PM
Reply #3

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Yes, truly a great ride.  I have camped at Big Sur State Park.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

October 28, 2021, 03:02:21 PM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
Bucket list ride.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

October 29, 2021, 04:48:29 AM
Reply #5

mqqn

Global Moderator
I look forward to your pictures, @Nowhereman  -

I have not been on that road - almost once (long story).

My "across the country" rides are likely over with at this point, but you never know.

I hope you enjoy the Beemer out there and the time with your Son!

best

mqqn

October 29, 2021, 04:22:11 PM
Reply #6

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Thank you, I’ll be sure to shoot the heck out of the ride for everyone
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 2 View List

November 05, 2021, 06:48:04 PM
Reply #7

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
You'll have a great time! <\

Ridden the coast from within sight of Mexico to Port Townsend, WA, solo and sections at other times with other riders.  You with have a great ride, and remember to stop and enjoy.

Agree with Mac on the route.  Have a few suggestions if you wish but half the joy is finding on your own.

Keep us posted,

Bill
Nobody likes old people who say, "Nobody likes old people."

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer