November 30, 2021, 07:55:12 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Poll

Saw the Poll on "Most Miles on a Trip", got to wondering on "Most Miles in a Single Day"

200 to 300
2 (6.3%)
400 to 500
5 (15.6%)
600 to 700
13 (40.6%)
800 to 1000
8 (25%)
over a 1000
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Miles ridden in a day...  (Read 9463 times)

May 03, 2014, 04:16:23 PM
Reply #15

johnnynitro

I did a few 600+mi Hollywood to Peircie ( Redwood Runs)  But all my friends won't go because they say it's too far. They want to  make an overnight stop in Frisco to rest ! Funny thing is was At the time I was the ONLY one Not on a bagger ! Now I have a Road Glide. I want to see how long it will take me to get to Washington !??

May 05, 2014, 07:04:56 PM
Reply #16

Steve Cole

A nice day riding with a lunch seems to be right around 350 for me anymore. Back before a car rearranged my Road King with me on it, the fun was much longer. If I remember correctly we did about 900 - 1000 miles three days in a row riding back from DC to So CA. Left DC on Monday AM and arrived home in LA Wednesday evening.

January 18, 2016, 05:32:39 PM
Reply #17

Emu

Rode a few 900 plus mile days ... but never really planed them ... they just happened.

February 22, 2016, 06:49:18 AM
Reply #18

redoregon

393 miles, Monterey CA to March AFB, east of Los Angeles. On the Sporty, with a couple uniforms and my orders for NCO Academy bungied on the back.

March 07, 2016, 05:51:50 AM
Reply #19

RHSRA

To date 420 is my longest.. I could have gone longer but ran out of road at the garage. Being a relatively new rider I'm still trying to feel my limitations out.. I do know my warning signs when enough is enough. Common sense and a strong desire to not have to prove anything to anyone are strong attributes for me.
I'm fortunate to have the time and resources to take an extended cross country trip( in planning stage anyway) since I won't be in a hurry to punch a clock.. 400/day is a good average for me
Karma has a fantastic memory..... Choose Wisely

March 07, 2016, 08:38:02 AM
Reply #20

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I have ridden over 900 since my last post. I was coming back for Neb. and did not plan riding that far in one day but I felt good and just keep riding

March 07, 2016, 10:27:02 AM
Reply #21

WantMore

Supporting Member
I clicked/voted on the 600 - 700 miles in a day. For that distance I only did that once. Like was already said a normal relaxing day with a good stop for lunch is more like 350 to 400 miles in a day.
Smoke em if you got em

March 08, 2016, 01:00:25 PM
Reply #22

JamesDean

Did 670 in 12 hours from Pueblo Co to Ogden Utah.  Thought mid july would be great riding weather.  Well not through Wyoming that was windy cold all day long.  Next time Ill just go the mountain route and take my time.   8)

March 08, 2016, 02:56:35 PM
Reply #23

LAWDOG

The wife and I had just married and moved to VA Beach back when I was in the Navy.  It was our first leave (vacation) and we were stoked to be going home to Maine!  Two nights before our departure, she was driving home from work and fell asleep at the wheel of our first new car.  Didn't end well for the car.  Anyway, I had a Honda 650 and that was our only other vehicle.  So, what to do?  Yup, her and I on a puddle jumper 650 from VA to Maine.  One day, just shy of 800 miles.  We were both hurting like and I think she was crying the last 100 miles.  Then when our vacation was up, we did it again but in reverse.  Oh yeah, it rained the whole way back. 

32 years later we still talk about it and have finally healed enough to even laugh about it.  We have logged some 500 mile days since but that was on bikes that were built for it, and both of us riding separately.  One of those things you do when your young and dumb, but never again.  Looking back though, we had some great times on that little 650.  No money in our pockets, but smiles on our faces... 
Fixin stuff that ain't broke...

November 10, 2021, 02:27:10 PM
Reply #24

inlinerob

690 Troutman NC to Vicksburg MS

November 12, 2021, 10:13:14 AM
Reply #25

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Late 70s, Iron Butt style benefit ride for AMA rights fund raiser.  Slightly over 1,000 miles in 15 minutes shy of 24 hours.  Clockwise ride around Lake Michigan, with a delay with a flat tire in the boonies in the UP.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

November 16, 2021, 10:07:49 AM
Reply #26

mqqn

Global Moderator
This is the first I had seen of this thread -

I had done many rides that would have qualified me for bun burners and bun burner golds - but I didn't need a license frame.

The longest single day ride I image was from Saskatoon Saskatchewan to Peoria, Illinois. The ride took longer than 24 hours in total, so I am not positive what the total miles in 24 hours were, but we left Saskatoon at 8am their time and I rolled into Peoria the next day at around 10AM central time.

The total miles were around 1400 miles on the day. Two crazy buddies and I were heading home after our trip to Deadhorse AK (and other destinations in AK). We stopped somewhere around Minneapolis for a steak dinner around 9pm central time the evening of the day we left SK.

And the final irony of the entire thing, when I was about 20 miles from home rolling in mid-morning traffic in East Peoria, Illinois, some young lady decided to flash me from the passenger side of the car to my left while stopped at a light.

Sometimes the stories write themselves.

If interested - pictures from the Alaskan trip.
http://iammoon.com/albums/No%20Pansies%20Alaskan%20Tour/

best

mqqn

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer