June 18, 2021, 12:11:52 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: D-Day June 6, 1944  (Read 500 times)

June 06, 2021, 08:50:34 AM
Read 500 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Today in 1944 was the Normandy Landings or also known as D-Day.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_landings

If you don’t know much about it the above linked webpage will help you understand. I have no words.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Like Like x 1 View List

June 07, 2021, 03:09:33 PM
Reply #1

J F Go

Community Advocate
Today in 1944 was the Normandy Landings or also known as D-Day.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Normandy_landings

If you don’t know much about it the above linked webpage will help you understand. I have no words.

I, like you Larry, have no words for our current administration making no mention of one of the greatest accomplishments our military ever accomplished, freedom. I have much more in my heart to say about Xiden & Co., but I won't, because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. 
Agree Agree x 2 View List

June 07, 2021, 03:45:44 PM
Reply #2

WantMore

Supporting Member
Seems that the current folks in charge want to rewrite history and don't like honoring the great sacrifices from the people that got us here.

I have words but I best keep them to myself and not make others upset that might be here reading this. God Bless America
Smoke em if you got em

June 07, 2021, 03:49:22 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
I, like you Larry, have no words for our current administration making no mention of one of the greatest accomplishments our military ever accomplished, freedom. I have much more in my heart to say about Xiden & Co., but I won't, because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
My Dad was at Normandy. If he is watching from Heaven he must be livid at the recent events.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Sad Sad x 1 View List

June 07, 2021, 04:06:17 PM
Reply #4

J F Go

Community Advocate
My Dad was at Normandy. If he is watching from Heaven he must be livid at the recent events.

My Uncle Jack McPherson was at Normandy and I'm sure he's as pissed off as your Dad.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

June 09, 2021, 05:29:43 PM
Reply #5

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
It has been said that the opening scenes in the movie Saving Private Ryan are the closest hollywood ever got to the reality.

My Dad was an MP guarding an ordinance depot (among other things) stateside before being shipped to the Phillipines, where he was also 'drafted' as a medical assistant at the hospital at HQ in Manilla.   I tell people that if it weren't for the atom bomb(s) I might not be here.  They were staging for deployment to mainland Japan when they announced the war was over.

I hold no grudge toward the Japanese people today, as most were born postwar.  Same for the Germans and Italians.

Ron

PS.  My paternal grandfather served in World War 1.  I don't know whether my Mom's Dad served.  I only wish I knew more, but military records on pre-WW 2 veterans seem difficult to find.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer