June 18, 2021, 11:32:51 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin is Ad Free  (Read 226 times)

May 22, 2021, 07:15:38 PM
Read 226 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Until today I used to run one ad per page but with everyone these days running Ad Blockers it wasn’t making anything. I don’t run this forum to make money. I run it as an HD owner and enthusiast.

The hope with running one ad per page was to allow enough income to help offset the cost of operating. One ad per page allowed for a speedy page load and a good user experience but since so many people have blockers these days it wasn’t bringing in any revenue.

So as said, today I turned off all published ads and the hope is that Supporting Membership will increase.

In order to possibly get a few more Supporting Member subscriptions I have added a popup that comes up once a session that Guests and Regular Members will see. If your are a Staff Member or already a Supporting Member you won’t see the popup. It is only meant to be a gentle reminder to those that are not supporting the forum.

As said it will only show up once per session so it won’t haunt you and shame you continuously to become a Supporter.

This is the Popup…

It reads as follows…
Welcome to HDBitchin

We are an Ad Free Harley Davidson Forum. 

But please understand that without some percentage of member subscriptions this website wouldn't be here.  If you can become a Supporting Member to help us keep the costs down please do so.

But it is still your choice, you can register just as a regular member and see no advertising but adding in a subscription and becoming a "Supporting Member" helps us with the cost of running the forum and it only costs just $15 per year.

This reminder that we are Ad Free appears once a "session" and you can clear this by refreshing (or reloading) this page or click the X in the upper right corner.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

May 24, 2021, 11:07:12 AM
Reply #1

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Thank you for this forum.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

May 24, 2021, 02:43:10 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Thank you for this forum.
You are welcome. And thank you for supporting it as you have always done.
HDBitchin aka Tank
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

May 24, 2021, 02:51:57 PM
Reply #3

mqqn

Global Moderator
Thanks Larry!

I need to make sure I remember to re-up my supporting membership when it comes due each year.....

Thanks for keeping up with all of the software and the server side bills -

best

mqqn

May 24, 2021, 03:41:56 PM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
Thanks Larry!

I need to make sure I remember to re-up my supporting membership when it comes due each year.....

Thanks for keeping up with all of the software and the server side bills -

best

mqqn
Thanks @mqqn and I just bought a new iMac to manage it all.
HDBitchin aka Tank

Like Like x 1 View List

May 24, 2021, 08:35:05 PM
Reply #5

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Business expense?  😀
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

May 24, 2021, 09:04:05 PM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
Business expense?  😀
That would be nice but I am not sure if the IRS would look at it that way.
HDBitchin aka Tank

June 07, 2021, 04:02:47 PM
Reply #7

WantMore

Supporting Member
I am coming due for renewal in December. This forum is worth way more than the $15 per year to me. I will be renewing my subscription soon.

Thanks Tank for the great work that you do here.
Smoke em if you got em

June 07, 2021, 05:46:16 PM
Reply #8

HDBitchin

Administrator
I am coming due for renewal in December. This forum is worth way more than the $15 per year to me. I will be renewing my subscription soon.

Thanks Tank for the great work that you do here.
Thanks for your continued support. As said, I don’t run this forum to make money. I run it as an HD owner and enthusiast. The money that I take in helps offset it from being 100% funded by me personally.

Thanks!
HDBitchin aka Tank

Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer