August 03, 2021, 11:02:05 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Legup Landin gear  (Read 804 times)

March 18, 2021, 03:09:26 PM
Read 804 times

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Due to my age and wanting to keep riding two up I decided to get the legup system so I contacted Mainiac Mac and bought it. Just got it installed, haven't had a chance to really ride and test it out. I can tell you that the first time the system deploys it scares the crap out of you.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 18, 2021, 03:40:21 PM
Reply #1

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Congrats!  We expect a full report with 8x10 glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each.  And don't forget the ariel/drone videos.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG
Funny Funny x 1 View List

March 18, 2021, 04:42:32 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Congratulations @01rk

Keep riding my friend!
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

March 19, 2021, 03:13:23 AM
Reply #3

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Congrats!  We expect a full report with 8x10 glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each.  And don't forget the ariel/drone videos.
Ha Ha Wishful thinking!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 20, 2021, 12:50:08 PM
Reply #4

NoSuperSlabs

That is great!
Two Lane Highway

April 19, 2021, 04:47:04 AM
Reply #5

01rk

Retired Staff Member
So we went to Fl., for some good riding weather, where I tried out the legup system, it takes quite a lot of practice to use it to. I still have not mastered it. I rode to Sanford where it's made and the guy made some adjustments, but I am still having trouble getting a handle on using it.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 13, 2021, 12:46:55 PM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
@Vintage

One of our Moderators @maniacmac sells the LegUp LandinGear system.  This is the page on his website that lists that product...

Dying To Ride - Motorcycle Trike Conversion Daeler

This is the direct link to LegUp...

LegUp by Chopper Design

HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

June 18, 2021, 04:07:57 AM
Reply #7

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Decided to do the annual maintenance stuff and detail it yesterday and had to disconnect the compressor and computer to remove the left saddlebag and you need a special torx to remove one of the derby cover bolts so the clutch can be adjusted.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 19, 2021, 12:43:12 PM
Reply #8

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
Decided to do the annual maintenance stuff and detail it yesterday and had to disconnect the compressor and computer to remove the left saddlebag and you need a special torx to remove one of the derby cover bolts so the clutch can be adjusted.

Maybe a T27 Torx Bit?  It's the one that works for me anyway.

Cheers,
Ferrous

Oh, Wait, Sorry!  I didn't read your post carefully.  T27 Torx is for standard Derby Cover Bolts.

Cheers,
Ferrous

June 20, 2021, 03:58:47 AM
Reply #9

01rk

Retired Staff Member
The derby cover bolt I am referring to is behind the landing gear assembly, there is about 3/4" between the cover and the gear.
I will try posting a pic.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 20, 2021, 08:45:53 AM
Reply #10

maniacmac

Global Moderator
You can use a 1/4" ratcheting wrench with a short 27 Torx bit. I cut a 27 Torx down to fit in the area I was working in. You don't have to remove the screw completely just back it off until you can swivel the cover out of the way of the adjusting screw. If you want to replace the gasket just cut a slot in that hole on the gasket.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer