August 03, 2021, 10:14:17 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser Use on HDBitchin  (Read 2097 times)

December 28, 2017, 06:55:50 PM
Read 2097 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
I got a report from a member recently that he was seeing webpage elements missing with his IE 11 (Internet Explorer 11) browser. The missing icons, gifs and thumbnails that you might experience when using IE will show as boxed X's. Not a great user experience.

My thanks to Rider Ron, the member that pointed this out to me. Since I use Apple Mac computers I had no idea that this was happening to members that use IE. I do regularly view the forum in other browsers but IE won't install on my Mac so I was not aware of this IE issue.

It does seem that the different Microsoft IE browsers are having an issue with this forum. I did some browser emulation testing and it seems that there is something wrong with this website when it comes to IE browsers (IE 9, IE 10 and IE 11).

Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers are working fine. Also the new Microsoft Edge browser works on HDBitchin if that is something you can migrate to. Edge is Microsoft’s latest browser.

If you prefer using Internet Explorer browsers you can try the IE compatibility mode that the below link shows how to set for each website that you might need to use it on. I am not sure if this IE compatibility mode will solve the issue here because I can't test it (at least not now) as I need a Windows computer to confirm it will help here.

http://www.itprotoday.com/windows-7/fixing-most-not-all-ie11-compatibility-problems

I am looking into how I can fix it on the forum side. I will keep you informed.

IMO Chrome is the best browser you can use. Firefox is a close second. Apple Mac users might argue that Safari is best. Those browsers all work here along with the "new" MS Edge.

I used to be a Windows user and really don't miss it since my switch to Mac. If you think about it, IE is broke and they give you a compatibility feature to fix the fact that they don't render some websites properly. Kind of sounds like to me they know they are in a league of their own.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

December 29, 2017, 02:55:46 PM
Reply #1

NoSuperSlabs

I use Chrome as my browser. Sometimes Firefox. Never use IE.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer