August 03, 2021, 11:40:07 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: New SMF Update Installed on HDBitchin  (Read 1854 times)

June 13, 2014, 11:13:39 AM
Read 1854 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Today the forum went from software release SMF 2.0.7 to SMF 2.0.8. I have wandered all over the forum and I don't see any issues with this new patch/upgrade and I don't expect any. The folks at SMF do a great job and this release was rolled out to fix some minor "bugs" in the SMF 2.0.7.

If you note anything odd post here in this thread so that I can follow up. Thanks!!

Now back to Bitchin!!

HDBitchin®, an HD Forum (a Harley Davidson Forum)
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

June 13, 2014, 12:57:01 PM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
It all appears to be working from my end. Thanks for installing the latest stuff.
Smoke em if you got em

June 13, 2014, 01:25:01 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
It all appears to be working from my end. Thanks for installing the latest stuff.
Thanks for the report.

The "latest stuff" is always good to have. The Simple Machines forum software is exactly that, the "latest stuff". The folks at Simple Machines are very attentive to their forum owners. Keeping the forum up to date and running well will always be a high priority for HDBitchin.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

June 14, 2014, 03:11:56 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
Please continue to keep an eye open for any issues that you might witness on the forum.

I worked with SMF on a forum search issue this morning for a couple of hours and they resolved it very quickly. It was a "bug" in their new release. I am very pleased with how responsive the developers at SMF were. It was solved very quickly.

This new release was only made available to a limited group of SMF forums. HDBitchin is one of a few forums to have this release so the risk with it being so new is that it will have a "bug" or two. At this point I am confident that things are working well and if we still see an issue I am also confident that SMF will quickly solve whatever it might be.

Never heard of SMF? Here is a link to their website...

http://www.simplemachines.org/

Good folks IMO!!
HDBitchin aka Tank

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer