August 03, 2021, 11:26:06 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Links not downloading  (Read 2587 times)

January 01, 2014, 12:37:16 PM
Read 2587 times

atrick

The pdf links or service bulletins aren't down loading or viewable for me. Can view about 10% of them in engine section but none are viewably in the other sections. Checked things on my end an everything seems ok. Noticed that the ones with 0 downloads are mostly the ones I can't view.  Or is it something I'm doing or not doing.  Thanks   Rick

January 01, 2014, 01:18:46 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
atrick,
The documents are NOT viewable unless you have logged in. All guests viewing the forum and members who aren't actively logged into the forum won't see the link. If you are logged in the link should be viewable and the document is then downloadable.

If you have a issue with some of them use the Report Post to Moderator and I will see which ones you have found aren't working. 
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 01, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Reply #2

atrick

I'm logged in, I'll try them again. Thanks Rick

January 01, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
Rick,
I got a Moderator report on this DIY post/thread from you. I assume this is one you are seeing an issue with.

http://hdbitchin.com/index.php?topic=543.msg759#msg759

I don't see a problem with the attachment in that post/thread. I can open it as a file and I can download it.

Is it possible that some of the ones that you don't think are opening are actually downloading which means they will be on your computer in your "Download" folder. I get a choice (open file or download) of which I want to do with files.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 01, 2014, 07:55:55 PM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
All 5 that you reported are all good.

I think you might find those files as downloaded on your computer. You might have set the download as a default on the computer you are working with. You need to find the folder that downloaded files go to and check. I think those files are all going to be on your machine as there is nothing wrong with the forum or those files.
HDBitchin aka Tank

January 01, 2014, 08:01:44 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
Number 6 is fine too.  ;D

Probably no need to report any more.
HDBitchin aka Tank

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer