December 07, 2021, 05:56:04 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: SB M-1346 BOOM! BOX AUDIO SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE - DIY  (Read 14486 times)

December 12, 2017, 11:37:56 PM
Reply #15

bc45

Global Moderator
That reminds me I have to update mine. It has not been updated since it was new.

December 13, 2017, 11:27:38 AM
Reply #16

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I think this puts me behind by two updates...

Ruh, Roh!

Cheers,
Ferrous

December 30, 2017, 07:57:14 PM
Reply #17

HDBitchin

Administrator
Harley-Davidson has a new release of software for the Touring motorcycles with the Boom!™ Box Infotainment System which was released on 12/15/2017. This new release is Version: 1.22.0.1

Version: 1.22.0.1 is released on the below website...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/owners/software-updates.html

Make sure that you select the proper download based on whether you have the Standard Radio, Premium Radio or Premium CVO Radio.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

December 30, 2017, 09:41:32 PM
Reply #18

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I download and installed it but it says version  1.21.04 after I installed, I tried a second time this time downloading the update directly to my usb drive same results. Huh

December 30, 2017, 09:56:03 PM
Reply #19

HDBitchin

Administrator
I download and installed it but it says version  1.21.04 after I installed, I tried a second time this time downloading the update directly to my usb drive same results. Huh
The release just before this one was Version: 1.21.3.1 and was Released 12/11/2017. They used that number (1.21.3.1) twice if you go back and read the previous post that announced that release on 12/11.

Now the website shows this new release as 1:22.0.1 but you get a screen confirmation on the radio as 1.21.04.

I am as confused as you must be. It makes no sense. But since they reused numbers back on 12/11 maybe the guy updating their website is lost still.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

December 30, 2017, 11:09:25 PM
Reply #20

maniacmac

Global Moderator
The release just before this one was Version: 1.21.3.1 and was Released 12/11/2017. They used that number (1.21.3.1) twice if you go back and read the previous post that announced that release on 12/11.

Now the website shows this new release as 1:22.0.1 but you get a screen confirmation on the radio as 1.21.04.

I am as confused as you must be. It makes no sense. But since they reused numbers back on 12/11 maybe the guy updating their website is lost still.
Thanks, I will quit downloading and worry about it. The update went smooth and everything works fine.

August 23, 2018, 12:58:56 PM
Reply #21

HDBitchin

Administrator
If you have followed the introduction of the 2019 model year motorcycles then you know that Harley-Davidson has introduced a new radio in the 2019 Touring models called Boom! Box GTS Infotainment system.

The previously linked H-D webpage in this thread that took you to the Software releases for the BOOM! BOX 6.5GT, BOOM! BOX 4.3 and the HARMAN/KARDON® AUDIO has been revised and added the new BOOM!™ BOX GTS software. All radio software is available on one H-D webpage. 

That page was and still is as follows...

HDBitchin aka Tank

Informative Informative x 1 View List

July 19, 2019, 02:39:42 PM
Reply #22

HDBitchin

Administrator
Since I last posted in this thread Harley-Davidson has released some new radio software updates and you can check your radio version on this page...

Also this video makes a nice addition to this thread. It gives a good walk through of how to check your software, get it from the H-D website and load it to your motorcycle.

HDBitchin aka Tank

March 07, 2020, 02:24:40 AM
Reply #23

HDBitchin

Administrator
Related news and good news for those that have Android smartphones.

Software Update Will Enable Android Auto on Boom! Box GTS Infotainment 
HDBitchin aka Tank

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer