October 21, 2021, 03:32:58 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: AAA to the rescue  (Read 312 times)

September 07, 2021, 06:57:53 PM
Read 312 times

jonda1

Supporting Member
We had a nice ride from Golden Valley to Seligman this morning.  Had a great brunch at the Roadkill Cafe.  It would have been perfect except one of the Harley's broke down on the way back.  It happened about three miles west of Peach Springs on Route 66.  AAA to the rescue.  We are thinking it might have been bad gas or a fuel injection problem.

Like Like x 1 View List

September 07, 2021, 09:08:41 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well that makes for a bad ride. Hopefully Bob will get it fixed and be back on the road soon. That is an interesting trike kit he has.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

September 07, 2021, 09:43:13 PM
Reply #2

bc45

Global Moderator
Thanks for sharing, I have had to use AAA for a flat tire earlier this year.

September 08, 2021, 07:55:16 AM
Reply #3

jonda1

Supporting Member
I asked Bob about the trike kit on his bike.  He said it cost about $750 and he bought it online.  It was approximately $1000 to have the "reverse" installed on the bike.  He is afraid ithat if he drops the bike he isn't strong enough to pick it back up anymore.  I understand that feeling because I'm not strong enough to pick mine up by myself anymore.  So I carry a lifting kit in the saddlebag.  I probably shouldn't be riding by myself anymore, but it seems I'm always taking off on the spur of the moment by myself.  I'll be 71 years old in three weeks.  Just can't give up riding yet though.
I called him last night and he said the harley dealer said it will cost about $650 to fix the bike.  Its a fuel problem.  He didn't elaborate on what kind of a fuel problem.

September 08, 2021, 09:30:08 AM
Reply #4

maniacmac

Global Moderator
It looks like a Voyager kit, I'm a dealer for Voyager, and if he bought it for $750.00 he got a great deal!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer