October 21, 2021, 04:58:51 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Recalls Look-up by VIN  (Read 3776 times)

August 22, 2014, 07:35:54 PM
Read 3776 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Recalls Look-up by VIN...

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

Owners may not always know their recalled vehicle still needs to be repaired. NHTSA's new search tool lets you enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has not been repaired as part of a safety recall in the last 15 years.

What this VIN search tool covers:
Safety recalls that are incomplete on a vehicle
Safety recalls conducted over the past 15 calendar years
Safety recalls conducted by major light auto automakers, including motorcycle manufacturers.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Informative Informative x 1 View List

February 03, 2018, 10:01:13 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Below is the link to Harley Davidson’s webpage for recalls which uses your VIN to perform the lookup.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/owners/maintain-your-bike/service-recalls.html

This H-D database contains recall information beginning in July 1999 and information for all safety recall campaigns after that.

New H-D link is below.
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

July 21, 2021, 01:09:57 PM
Reply #2

Jeffh6146

This link isn’t working anymore, is there another link to check for recalls?

July 21, 2021, 02:26:31 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
@Jeffh6146 and all.

Here is the updated H-D link that can be used now.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/tools/service-recalls.html
HDBitchin aka Tank

July 21, 2021, 09:30:46 PM
Reply #4

Jeffh6146

Thank you, after asking such a dumb question I found it myself and just forgot to publish it. Thank you for doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 02, 2021, 07:30:02 AM
Reply #5

mqqn

Global Moderator
Thanks @HDBitchin  -

I will look up my bikes - I did not know that bikes were included in that search!

best

mqqn

August 02, 2021, 07:54:33 AM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
Thanks @HDBitchin  -

I will look up my bikes - I did not know that bikes were included in that search!

best

mqqn
It works well, I put my new bike’s VIN in the search and it came back with the two recalls that were issued against the bike and said they were “closed” for my VIN.
HDBitchin aka Tank

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer