December 07, 2021, 04:14:36 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Charging System Check - DIY  (Read 4589 times)

January 14, 2014, 09:15:30 PM
Read 4589 times

HDBitchin

Administrator

Here is a second video which is also from Fix My Hog that checks the voltage regulator output at the battery. In this case the difference is the motorcycle being used for demonstration is a Touring bike and the video shows the access steps that would be necessary on that type of bike.

HDBitchin, an HD Forum (a Harley Davidson Forum)
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 15, 2014, 07:42:57 AM
Reply #1

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Nice meter, thanks for the info

January 15, 2014, 09:55:08 AM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Nice meter, thanks for the info

It is a MAC tool one. I know why that got your attention.  ;)
HDBitchin aka Tank

When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

May 20, 2018, 08:34:55 AM
Reply #3

biggum

Thanks @hdbitchin

Picked up two new NGK plugs this morning - that was the issue with the backfire/misfire/nonfire.  I had s set of new E3 plugs in it and the front one must have failed as the engine heated up on our break in ride.

It’s running great again now.  I’ll go ahead and check my voltage again now with my sweet HF cen-tec meter @maniacmac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer