July 23, 2019, 07:13:01 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Skully AR-1, the helmet of the future? (coming in 2014)  (Read 24950 times)

December 27, 2013, 07:39:36 PM
Read 24950 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
http://www.skullyhelmets.com/heads-up-display-helmet/

Fighter pilots have this kind of technology and now us motorcycle riders can too!

The Skully AR-1

From the website...

DOT/ECE Certified

Focus.
SYNAPSE(TM) INTEGRATED HEADS UP DISPLAY.

Welcome to the new era of motorcycle helmets. With Synapse(TM) integrated Heads-Up Display (HUD), Skully provides you with an advanced situational awareness system, showing navigation and blind spot data, allowing you to stay focused on the most important part of your ride - the road.

Perspective.
180 DEGREE REAR VIEW CAMERA

Skully AR-1 has a patented integrated rear view camera system with a 180 degree viewing angle. Similar to the way our maps are displayed in front of the rider, the rear view camera feeds video to the HUD to provide you with complete situational awareness. The Skully AR-1 watches your back (and sides) so you can enjoy the ride.

Navigation.
GPS MAPPING

Life is too short to retread the same steps. With Skully Nav the world is your track. No need to plan your route or to pull over for directions. Just ride. When you are ready, Skully will show you the way back with HUD GPS maps.

Connection.
SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION

Introducing Bluetooth pairing and voice control for Skully helmets. Pair your phone to the helmet, and unlock the connectivity potential of your mobile device while riding. The Skully AR-1 allows you to control the interface with your voice. You can control your music, send texts, make calls, and change your destination all hands-free. Never before has riding been so connected.

Key Features

Lightweight, aerodynamic, tricomposite shell
    3D laser-cut foam for a perfect fit
    Fully adjustable flow-through ventilation
    Anti-fog, anti-scratch, anti-glare face shield
    Quick release chin strap and visor
    Synapse(TM) Heads Up Display system
    Visual GPS navigation
    180 degree wide angle rearview camera
    Bluetooth connectivity with voice control

DESIGNED AND ASSEMBLED BY SKULLY IN CALIFORNIA, USA

December 28, 2013, 11:50:29 AM
Reply #1

bc45

Global Moderator
That is really cool, I like it, You can go to there site and apply to do beta testing for them. They do say they have a high request for beta testers. When I applied they asked where I heard of them so I gave Harley Bitchin .com a plug.       

December 28, 2013, 12:00:36 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Thanks for the plug!  ;)

January 02, 2014, 07:21:02 PM
Reply #3

Mgrumpy1

Very nice features for a lid.  Can it make a cup of coffee too??  LOL..
Chester
Vice President / Founder
SlowRiders Riding Club
Minnesota Chapter

January 03, 2014, 07:25:58 PM
Reply #4

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
Hey, I added another plug for us when I submitted my name.  Thanks for the heads-up and I added another applaud!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2019 ASSISTANT TEAM LDR

January 07, 2014, 10:57:07 AM
Reply #5

crusty

I'm too old for that. Probably distract me & cause a wreck. Besides, I'm retired; you know, fixed income and all... :D
Coyotes fear me, hogs hate me

August 11, 2014, 07:21:37 PM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
They are ready to take pre-orders now.  :)

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/08/11/products/skully-ar-1-augmented-reality-helmet-now-ready-preorder-video/

August 12, 2014, 11:00:49 AM
Reply #7

Haulin

I'd be scared to rock it. I jump on to clear the head, not overload it with information. Does that helmet come with a free CanAm Spider?  O:-)
Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

August 14, 2014, 08:09:49 AM
Reply #8

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
It is interesting but I would have to agree with Haulin that is seems to be overload.
Two Lane Highway

August 14, 2014, 08:50:53 AM
Reply #9

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
There will be a shit ton o0g rice rocket geeks that line up to by that bone dome.
Problem is that some of em will go down playing with that helmut instead of riding with their heads out of their asses.
That heads up stuff is great for racing or fighting waaay high up in the air where you can die real quick like.
For street, too much unneeded info to be of serious value.
- Nowhereman

August 14, 2014, 06:59:39 PM
Reply #10

WantMore

Supporting Member
I bet they sell a few but I can't see myself ever being a customer. Sorry Skully.
Smoke em if you got em

February 07, 2015, 09:45:35 AM
Reply #11

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I wonder if this thing ever got going. No one I know has one.
Two Lane Highway

March 01, 2015, 11:24:37 AM
Reply #12

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well Skully has raised $11 million so it looks like they have believers (investors) that have made them into a real company. Maybe as they move forward they can get the price down.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/skully-computerized-helmet-raises-11-million

March 01, 2015, 01:59:23 PM
Reply #13

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
It is good to have believers with money!
Two Lane Highway

March 02, 2015, 07:57:36 AM
Reply #14

LAWDOG

That brain bucket cost more than many motorcycles I have owned! :o :o  Okay, none of the bikes in the last 12 years or so, but wow...  That is a cubic butt load of money.  Thing is cool though.
Fixin stuff that ain't broke...

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.