May 26, 2018, 08:13:52 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Suspension advice  (Read 368 times)

May 15, 2018, 06:19:45 PM
Read 368 times

Rickjamesp

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but not to dynas.  However, I need some advice as to which suspension I should go with?  After riding a buddy's bike that is outfitted with Ohlins (front and back), I'm considering going for it.  Just not too psyched on the price!  Anybody out there have any feedback around this?  Different ideas that are comparable, but don't cost an arm and a leg?  Or a pair of tall rear Ohlins that I might be able to buy and rebuild?  Thank you! 

Rick

May 15, 2018, 06:51:16 PM
Reply #1

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum from N. Az.     I'm not familiar with Ohlins, but I have always had good results with progress shocks
CARS SUCK!

May 15, 2018, 07:30:42 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Welcome to the forum!

Hard to beat the fact that you rode Ohlins and after that ride are giving consideration to them. As said by maniacmac Progressive is respected by many H-D owners.

Here is their link...

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation

May 16, 2018, 01:19:43 PM
Reply #3

NoSuperSlabs

Other brands that I have heard mentioned are Burly and Legend. IMO the big name brands should all make quality products that you can count on to do the job.

As for someone telling you one brand is better than the other, well I would bet that very few people have rode every brand and can give a fair comparison.
Two Lane Highway

May 16, 2018, 06:52:16 PM
Reply #4

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Other brands that I have heard mentioned are Burly and Legend. IMO the big name brands should all make quality products that you can count on to do the job.

As for someone telling you one brand is better than the other, well I would bet that very few people have rode every brand and can give a fair comparison.
  If you want 10 different opinions just ask 10 different people lol
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 2 View List

May 16, 2018, 09:58:03 PM
Reply #5

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
  I have a second hand opinion, for what it's worth.

Being vertically challenged, the Princess installed shorter rear shocks from Burly on the Dyna she used to have.  She gave them high marks for comfort.  I was concerned that the 2" shorter length would result in the rear suspension bottoming out, nope, didn't happen.

If you're interested, you can see some of her install here:

@Princess Bueller

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.