December 12, 2018, 10:59:18 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Motorcycle Towing Company with Hydraulic Lift  (Read 472 times)

April 15, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
Read 472 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
I was at AZ Bike Week last week and I saw a motorcycle tow company that had a unique tow truck with a hydraulic lift. They rolled the bike onto a platform that dropped down behind the pickup truck and then lifted the motorcycle up into the back of the truck's bed. The pictures don't show it but the carriage/platform the motorcycle is in fits neatly into truck's bed when completely retracted.  Took a few pictures and thought I would share them here. Pretty cool rig IMO!

HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation
Like Like x 3 View List

April 15, 2018, 11:00:03 AM
Reply #1

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Hope I don't ever need something like that but if I was ever broke down that would be a safe way to transport a motorcycle.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 2 View List

April 16, 2018, 07:46:32 PM
Reply #2

bc45

Global Moderator
That is a nice way to tow a Motorcycle.       
Agree Agree x 2 View List

April 17, 2018, 11:57:31 AM
Reply #3

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

When I bought my first bike, (New, 2009, Softail Custom, leftover stock, bought Dec 2010) the dealership had lots of trouble ordering & installing my requested upgrades/changes.  This caused delay after delay.  The bike was finally ready while I was at work.  The dealership delivered my bike in a truck similar to this to my work, (at night, minutes before closing time and a torrential downpour).

There was much rejoicing!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 2 View List

April 17, 2018, 05:09:24 PM
Reply #4

WantMore

Supporting Member
  When I bought my first bike, (New, 2009, Softail Custom, leftover stock, bought Dec 2010) the dealership had lots of trouble ordering & installing my requested upgrades/changes.  This caused delay after delay.  The bike was finally ready while I was at work.  The dealership delivered my bike in a truck similar to this to my work, (at night, minutes before closing time and a torrential downpour).

There was much rejoicing!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Did they throw in a free rain suit?   :))
Smoke em if you got em
Funny Funny x 1 View List

April 17, 2018, 05:44:15 PM
Reply #5

j f go

Community Advocate

I was wondering the same thing. ^*? 8)
Funny Funny x 1 View List

April 21, 2018, 09:33:30 PM
Reply #6

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I was wondering the same thing. ^*? 8)

No, they didn't.  I don't remember them throwing in anything.

Because I sorta had a plan, and, because of all the delays, I had time to pick up an inexpensive water proof riding jacket.  I wish I had thought about rain gloves, pants, and waterproof boots!

Cheers,
Ferrous

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.