June 20, 2018, 03:55:11 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: M8 Sumping  (Read 401 times)

March 11, 2018, 07:08:12 AM
Read 401 times

MongoMN

Supporting Member
As I don't see another thread on this subject I will start one.

Those of you that have an M8 and have been following the sumping discussion may be interested in the attachment of the HD technical bulletin. It calls for the replacement of the oil pump on all M8 motors that have a build date prior to 10/10/2017 and all motors that get a stage upgrade. From previous discussions I have found some dealerships to be completely ignorant regarding this TB and some that are extremely pro active.
The TB also has a procedure to self check to see if you may have a problem. If you wrench yourself, be aware that some outlets have been selling oil pumps with build dates prior to 10/10/17 as recently as 2/2018 so you may want to specify when you order one if that's your thing.

Just as an aside it is also of note that HD has a tendency to use the same PN on multiple builds of a part, this oil pump being one. There are as of this writing at least 6 different casting numbers indicating "new" models of the same pump. I am trying to get a list of those and if successful will post those as well.

This is an ongoing situation for Harley so stay tuned! 
I'm outta here...
Like Like x 2 Informative Informative x 1 View List

March 12, 2018, 07:35:03 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
I appreciate your sharing this as I am sure others will too. I am sure that the Milwaukee 8 owners will benifit from this.

HDBitchin Rep (Karma) given.
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation
Agree Agree x 1 View List

March 13, 2018, 06:11:56 PM
Reply #2

bc45

Global Moderator
 @MongoMN Thanks for sharing the info

March 13, 2018, 06:20:02 PM
Reply #3

MongoMN

Supporting Member
My pleasure. I hope it is of some help!
I'm outta here...

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.