December 11, 2017, 11:14:48 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum

Author Topic: AV72 cobra rear tire  (Read 220 times)

December 02, 2017, 08:37:06 AM
Read 220 times

j f go

Community Advocate
I purchased an Avon Cobra AV72 rear tire from Dennis Kirk in May 2012. Obviously in about 5 months this tire will be 5 years old, which is getting very close to the end of it's life as far as time is concerned. I'm a fan of Avon tires because I like the way they grip on the road. I always feel confident sliding thru the curves when I feel in the mood. Some of you know that I run these on my SERK as well and have seen how far to the bands I've ridden them. I managed to put 16.5K miles on this rear tire and am damn pleased with that kind of mileage. It is ridden mostly solo, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. My SERK, which is 50/50 solo, 2 up, gets about 12k miles before it needs changing. Like I said I prefer Avon tires and the proof to me is this is good mileage for the kind of riding I like to do. Not pedal to the metal all the time, but periodically when I do, I know leaning is more than a option.  But as always your mileage may vary.  8)
Like Like x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List

December 02, 2017, 08:55:51 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Thanks for the review on the Avon motorcycle tires. Always good to hear firsthand reports of products. That is one of the benefits of a forum. Shared experiences, pro and con.

Here is a link to the Avon website and their Cobra brand AV71 (front tire) and AV72 (rear tire).

http://www.avonmoto.com/street-tires/cruiser-touring/cobra/
HDBitchin aka Tank          Start your Bitchin!!
Need DIY Help? Follow this link...The Harley School of Hard Knocks @ HDBitchin»

December 05, 2017, 08:15:22 AM
Reply #2

WantMore

Supporting Member
I have run one set of Avon tires. They did perform well. Thanks for your review.
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 View List

December 05, 2017, 03:42:29 PM
Reply #3

j f go

Community Advocate
I have run one set of Avon tires. They did perform well. Thanks for your review.
  You're welcome. :)

December 06, 2017, 09:50:15 PM
Reply #4

bc45

Global Moderator
Thanks for sharing

December 07, 2017, 10:57:17 AM
Reply #5

j f go

Community Advocate
Thanks for sharing
  You're welcome

The Harley Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2017 All rights reserved.