December 10, 2017, 06:54:48 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum

Author Topic: Tires ???  (Read 602 times)

September 29, 2017, 06:13:57 PM
Read 602 times

Fops

Hey,
I am in the west Phoenix area.
Does anyone know a place to buy 2 tires for my Heritage at a decent price installed?
I have 3 quotes on the $700's for 2 tires installed that will last 10,000 miles?
I just purchased 4 tires for my Accord for half that and they will last 50,000 miles !!!!!
Thanks in advance. Fops

September 29, 2017, 06:34:41 PM
Reply #1

j f go

Community Advocate
Hey,
I am in the west Phoenix area.
Does anyone know a place to buy 2 tires for my Heritage at a decent price installed?
I have 3 quotes on the $700's for 2 tires installed that will last 10,000 miles?
I just purchased 4 tires for my Accord for half that and they will last 50,000 miles !!!!!
Thanks in advance. Fops
Are you able to remove the wheels yourself and take them to an indy to have the new tires installed and balanced ? You can save a pile of cash if you can. There are lots of people on this forum from your area and I'm sure they will be along to help. This is when I put new brake pads on as well. Good luck

September 29, 2017, 06:43:02 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Hello Fops and welcome to the forum from a Glendale AZ neighbor.

https://www.yellowpages.com/glendale-az/mip/a-p-cycles-more-497852959

The above link will take you to my good friend Andre at AP Cycles and More. He has a shop near the center of Glendale. He provides good service and his pricing is likely going to beat most places that you will check.

With motorcycle tires being made from a softer rubber compound it does mean that you will get less total miles of use. I can usually see about 24,000 miles of service from a front tire and about 12,000 miles from a rear tire. Which means you will replace two rears for every front tire.

Tell Andre that Tank sent ya!
HDBitchin aka Tank          Start your Bitchin!!
Need DIY Help? Follow this link...The Harley School of Hard Knocks @ HDBitchin»

September 30, 2017, 08:58:53 AM
Reply #3

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
In the east Valley the place to go is D & D Discount.

They are just north of University on McCClintock in Tempe.  While they started out as primarily a Goldwing place they work on all bikes.  Mark, the first "D", is a Harley rider.

Tires get mounted for free when you carry in the wheel, otherwise there is a nominal labor charge.  The tires themselves are discounted.

Inside every old man is a young man wondering what happened.

October 05, 2017, 08:08:06 AM
Reply #4

Fops

Thanks for the info.
I have contacted the suggestions.

Fops

October 10, 2017, 12:23:55 PM
Reply #5

TD

Community Advocate
Did you get sorted bruv?

TD 8)
You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic
Ian Hunter

The Harley Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2017 All rights reserved.