December 10, 2017, 07:09:15 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum

Author Topic: Tennessee Motorcycle & Music Revival  (Read 778 times)

August 12, 2017, 11:53:01 AM
Read 778 times

j f go

Community Advocate
Looks like Loretta Lynn will be hosting this event from September 28 thru October 1st. You can read about it in the latest version of American Iron. Sounds like a good time. Anyone from here going ?  8)

August 12, 2017, 12:54:17 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Just my opinion but I don't think I would support this event.

Loretta's granddaughter Tayla Lynn is the organizer and she was the interface to Nashville Bike Week (NBW) and IMO she did not do the proper due diligence with Mike Leffiingwell when Loretta Lynn's Ranch (LLR) entered into a contract with Nashville Bike Week. I don't think LLR gives a damn about bikers. Money is what they want.

Based on Tayla's NBW actions I will pass on anything new they are doing in the biker community.

With Loretta Lynn's Ranch lending credibility to NBW it allowed Leffingwell and NBW to continue be shown in a positive light. Then when the facts about Mike Leffingwell became better known LLR did not sever ties until well after Leffingwell and Nashville Bike Week had sold what some people have said is more than a million dollars in tickets. LLR claimed when they finally did sever ties that it was because Leffingwell failed to meet a contract payment that they finally cut ties with NBW and that could be true but many others think it might also be because they finally realized who Leffingwell was. LLR's association with NBW helped the ticket sales IMO. In my opinion Leffingwell was making deposits and he did have contracts and deposits with entertainment to further his promotion of NBW. The money he spent was a good investment to keep money from ticket sales coming in. Was NBW real or was it a scam? Leffingwell is a convicted felon and had a history of scamming so you decide if he was actually going thru with the event or not.

I mentioned the LLR event in this thread...

Going to Nashville Bike Week?
https://hdbitchin.com/index.php/topic,4404.msg45660.html#msg45660

IMO for them to have announced this event back in June during all the NBW drama was wrong.

I also think that the American Rebel Off Road Park owner building his motorcycle event out of all the drama and the illegal use of the NBW mailing list is wrong. What kind of business owner joins up with NBW at the point that he did when they have already lost 3 venues and offers his property to host NBW? Then 8 days later says he can't do it for them but what the hell I can do this myself. Not the kind of guy I would ever do business with. He knew what he was doing all along. Bait and switch I think it is called.

The story/drama on American Rebel starts here...

https://hdbitchin.com/index.php/topic,4404.msg45777.html#msg45777

Just my thoughts for what it is worth.

HDBitchin aka Tank          Start your Bitchin!!
Need DIY Help? Follow this link...The Harley School of Hard Knocks @ HDBitchin»

August 12, 2017, 04:52:58 PM
Reply #2

j f go

Community Advocate
Don't misunderstand me, I was not supporting it at all. It was pure sarcasm on my part. I don't know how anyone could, in good conscience, take part in that event. I think, like I had said in a previous reply to NBW, that she should have taken over the event and honored all those folks that had, not only put up there hard earned but also had booked time off from their employers to go. In the big scheme of things, for her anyway, it would only be another write off for her business and would have gone along way to mending fences with the biking community. Not to mention that next time around more folks would have wanted to go. We shall see what happens in the mean time, success or failure.

August 12, 2017, 05:01:02 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
No misunderstanding Rick. I wasn't judging, I was just putting out what I felt.

You know me by now. If someone asks me, I am not shy and will say what I think.  Sometimes you don't even have to ask me and I will tell folks what I think.   ^-^
Like Like x 1 View List

August 13, 2017, 09:50:10 AM
Reply #4

WantMore

Supporting Member
I think LLR would have been better off had they waited a year for the dust to settle after NBW. IMO they share some of the shame of NBW.

I also agree that Stan Chiras (American Rebel Off Road Park owner) did a bait and switch to profit from NBW. He claims to be a lifelong biker that cares and just wants to salvage NBW. IMO he wants to take over and is riding this train wreck for profit. Kind of like an ambulance chasing lawyer. 
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 View List

August 16, 2017, 03:38:28 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
BTW! Here is the link to the event...

http://www.motorcyclesandmusic.com/

August 16, 2017, 05:23:10 PM
Reply #6

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I prefer to support local small rallies that support the community and motorcycle community just IMO not huge money happy org.
CARS SUCK!

August 16, 2017, 08:15:38 PM
Reply #7

j f go

Community Advocate
So I'm sitting here wondering how the hell did she get the permits required to hold this event if X amount of time was required to get it done. Did she purposely throw the proverbial wrench in the works ? Seems a little convenient to me especially considering how close together these events were planned. And what could her end game have been ? Maybe it just took on more of a negative life of it's own and she couldn't see a way to salvage the original event. And maybe I think to G. D. much. :o 8)

August 18, 2017, 09:34:21 AM
Reply #8

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I don't think an established business like LLR would need permits as was the case for NBW when they were proposing holding their event in farm fields, cow pastures and mud parks. Those locations were undeveloped and needed permits to ensure security and safety of a large gathering. LLR has regular fire department inspections and health permit inspection to have large crowds on their premises.

August 18, 2017, 09:56:51 AM
Reply #9

j f go

Community Advocate
I guess I didn't realize that. ;D 8)

The Harley Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2017 All rights reserved.