December 10, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum

Author Topic: Progressive International Motorcycle Show Schedule  (Read 1992 times)

July 14, 2016, 10:08:46 PM
Read 1992 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
The new show schedule was released today. Below are the cities and the dates for the upcoming 2016 - 2017 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows.

For more details see their below website...

http://motorcycleshows.com

In the past a few of our HDBitchin forum members have attended (including myself). I recommend going if any of these cities are near you. Here are some links to the past threads and pictures from several shows...

2016 Progressive International Motorcycle Show - Phoenix AZ
https://hdbitchin.com/index.php/topic,3453.0.html

Progressive International Motor Cycle Show Portland OR. (2015)
https://hdbitchin.com/index.php/topic,3191.0.html

Seattle Progressive International Motorcycle Show  (2014)
https://hdbitchin.com/index.php/topic,2289.0.html

Phoenix International Motorcycle Show  (2014)
https://hdbitchin.com/index.php/topic,1255.0.html
HDBitchin aka Tank          Start your Bitchin!!
Need DIY Help? Follow this link...The Harley School of Hard Knocks @ HDBitchin»

September 08, 2017, 09:34:25 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
The 2017 - 2018 Progressive International Motorcycle Show Schedule was just published.

The 2017-2018 Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® Tour dates and cities are as follows:

Long Beach, CA: November 17-19, 2017, Long Beach Convention Center
   New York, NY: December 1-3, 2017, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
   Minneapolis, MN: December 8-10, 2017, Minneapolis Convention Center –NEW DATES
   Cleveland, OH: January 26-28, 2018, I-X Center
   Dallas, TX: February 2-4, 2018, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center –NEW DATES
   Chicago, IL: February 9-11, 2018, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
   Washington D.C.: February 23-25, 2018, Walter E. Washington Convention Center -NEW DATES

For more information about the Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® Tour, visit: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/
Like Like x 1 View List

September 08, 2017, 08:29:16 PM
Reply #2

Rider Ron

There is one city that is notably absent again......

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

September 08, 2017, 08:56:06 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
There is one city that is notably absent again......

Ron
Yep we got passed over again.  ^*?

September 09, 2017, 01:37:46 PM
Reply #4

j f go

Community Advocate
Yep we got passed over again.  ^*?
  Ok, I'll bite, Why is it apparent, that a certain city, was once again was left out and why ? And what would be the name of said unnamed city ?

September 09, 2017, 01:55:38 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
  Ok, I'll bite, Why is it apparent, that a certain city, was once again was left out and why ? And what would be the name of said unnamed city ?
Phoenix  ^*?

September 09, 2017, 02:22:20 PM
Reply #6

j f go

Community Advocate
Phoenix  ^*?
And why are they ignoring Phoenix ?

September 09, 2017, 03:26:58 PM
Reply #7

HDBitchin

Administrator
And why are they ignoring Phoenix ?
It is a secret.

September 09, 2017, 03:31:15 PM
Reply #8

j f go

Community Advocate
It is a secret.
  Well, at this point anyway, it is a well kept secret. (I can keep a secret) &{

September 09, 2017, 08:08:19 PM
Reply #9

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

A few years ago the San Mateo, CA show was eliminated.  I went to the Sacramento, CA show instead, ( I've moved, Sacramento is closer now ).  Last year, the Sacramento show was removed.  I wrote to the P.I.M.S. to see why.  They replied quickly and throughly.

It looks like I've deleted that e-mail, but, if I remember correctly, it had to do with availability of the venue, marketing, and, possibly... money.

Now the nearest show is in Long Beach, Ca.  Because I'm more of a fair weather rider I don't relish the idea of a 3 day rain ride.  Not to mention the additional expense.

I'll write to them again ( politely ) and express my concerns.  I don't expect anything to change, I'll just let them know.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 1 View List

September 09, 2017, 08:20:11 PM
Reply #10

HDBitchin

Administrator
  A few years ago the San Mateo, CA show was eliminated.  I went to the Sacramento, CA show instead, ( I've moved, Sacramento is closer now ).  Last year, the Sacramento show was removed.  I wrote to the P.I.M.S. to see why.  They replied quickly and throughly.

It looks like I've deleted that e-mail, but, if I remember correctly, it had to do with availability of the venue, marketing, and, possibly... money.

Now the nearest show is in Long Beach, Ca.  Because I'm more of a fair weather rider I don't relish the idea of a 3 day rain ride.  Not to mention the additional expense.

I'll write to them again ( politely ) and express my concerns.  I don't expect anything to change, I'll just let them know.

Cheers,
Ferrous
I would think that a similar set of reasons are why Phoenix has not seen the show for the last few years. Too bad, it is a great thing to attend.

October 10, 2017, 08:24:51 PM
Reply #11

bc45

Global Moderator
You are not the only city to get passed up again so is the Seattle area. We used to get it almost every year. {= The last one I went to was 2 years ago and I had to travel to Portland OR.

October 11, 2017, 12:23:28 PM
Reply #12

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I finally got around to e-mailing and asking about the scheduling changes.  It's not my best work, but I slopped this letter together last night:

Ms. Anders,

Myself and a few friends have been wondering why the motorcycle shows have moved.

Specifically, the San Mateo show is gone as is the Sacramento show.  Now, in California I have to go to Long Beach.  No Thank You.

No more shows in Arizona, or, Washington.

Why is that?

Thank You,

The reply was quick and waiting for me early this morning:

Good morning,

The tour is built in partnership with our key OEM and sponsor partners.  Each year we ask them to identify the markets where they are focusing, and to prioritize them in order of importance.  Not all the partners have exactly the same needs and requirements each year, so as we work with them individually and collectively, some markets may fall off the schedule or get added based on overall consensus.  We present all the options available to us each year, and final determination is driven by each company’s ability or desire to support a market.  Sometimes we have to vacate a market because we cannot get a venue or date that works in concert with the other venues & dates we can get elsewhere in the country.  Finally, budgets are not limitless, so each partner has to weigh the pros and cons of doing an IMS show in a market vs. other activities they may have going on in the market through-out the year.

Putting the tour schedule together is like building a jig saw puzzle - all the pieces have to fit together correctly.

So, there you have it.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 2 View List

October 11, 2017, 10:03:43 PM
Reply #13

maniacmac

Global Moderator
What looks easy from the outside aint so easy from the inside. Got to give respect for the reply
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 2 View List

October 14, 2017, 08:26:50 PM
Reply #14

bc45

Global Moderator
Thanks @FerrousBueller , I guess they cant go every where but its still a dissapointment they are skipping the Seattle area again.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2017 All rights reserved.