November 14, 2018, 08:39:22 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: summer is comming  (Read 40253 times)

February 13, 2018, 09:22:40 PM
Reply #195

bc45

Global Moderator
Thanks for continuing to add to this thread. You certainly get some cool cars into your shop @bc45

I never thought that this thread would be this long running when I started it. I will keep adding as long as they keep showing up.
Like Like x 2 View List

February 13, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Reply #196

bc45

Global Moderator
the Camaro is done, the customer had us install a 4 inch tunnel ram hood that he ordered. it need to go back to the body shop for paint.

Like Like x 1 View List

February 13, 2018, 10:39:48 PM
Reply #197

bc45

Global Moderator
Man, looking at those tail lights makes me think it's a California Custom.  Those were extremely rare..

Ron

Thanks @Rider Ron  If you would not have asked if it was a CC mustange I never would have done some research On the CC and HC.
hear is a pic of the before and after Power vacuum booster to make this have power brakes. the before is not real good but you can see the master and no booster

with vacuun booster installed

A pic of the High Country decal

some fun facts of the CC and HC mustang
http://californiaspecial.com/1968-GTCS-facts.htm

February 14, 2018, 11:16:30 AM
Reply #198

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
the Camaro is done, the customer had us install a 4 inch tunnel ram hood that he ordered. it need to go back to the body shop for paint.

I was hoping the customer would keep it as a "Sleeper".  I've always liked the simple, pointy, aero looking lines, glad the customer added some "Grunt".

Cheers,
Ferrous

February 14, 2018, 01:52:12 PM
Reply #199

bc45

Global Moderator
@FerrousBueller  I agree the hood was a little over the top. It block your vision some when sitting in the driver's seat.

February 15, 2018, 09:33:14 PM
Reply #200

bc45

Global Moderator
@j f go  Rick this ones for you  67 Barracuda. You get a 2 fer the super bee is back for some electrical work in  the back ground.

Like Like x 2 View List

February 16, 2018, 09:08:55 PM
Reply #201

bc45

Global Moderator
This is a clean 72 Chev P/U Big block just getting some service work. sorry for some reason the pictures came out a little dark.

Like Like x 2 View List

February 20, 2018, 09:10:41 AM
Reply #202

j f go

Community Advocate
AHHH, Mopar, LOL. Thanks @bc45. I had two friends that each had 67 cuda's, one a blue convert with a 273 and the other, also blue, fastback with a 383. Both were very nice running cars. The only thing wrong with cars of that era is they didn't corner real well. They were made for "right straight ahead" driving (racing). Nice to see that Camaro done but I'm with Ferrous on this one, a "sleeper" would have worked much better, especially for that year. Nice '72 3/4 Ton Chevy. My dad bought a '71 1/2 Ton new, with a 307. I beat the snot out of that truck and it took it, for awhile. We hauled 2 sleds in the bed and 4 on a trailer and when we got home, after a 150 mile round trip, you could pull the shock studs out of the lower support brackets. Guess I had loaded it a bit heavy and drove it a little too hard that day. Got it stuck one day and had to use sand to put out the fire. Oh I drove my poor father nuts. Had to rebuild the motor after that. I didn't get to drive it much after that, if at all. Still don't understand why. ^*? No sense of humor. }=  &{
Like Like x 2 View List

February 27, 2018, 08:56:37 PM
Reply #203

bc45

Global Moderator
This is some ones project they are just starting to work on. 1964 Pontiac La Mans with a 326. they brought it to us to rebuild the front end all the bushings, ball joints, tie rods, new bigger sway bar,Idler arm, pit man arm and box, springs, rear springs that give it a 2 inch drop rear sway bar and 4 shocks.

at least they are starting with things that make the car safe and derivable

February 28, 2018, 05:28:29 AM
Reply #204

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
If I recall correctly, earlier Tempests had the tranny in the rear.  Is the one in this one in the traditional spot?
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

February 28, 2018, 06:08:28 AM
Reply #205

j f go

Community Advocate
At least he's starting in the right direction. If you can't keep it on the road there's not much point putting paint on it.

February 28, 2018, 08:01:32 AM
Reply #206

bc45

Global Moderator
If I recall correctly, earlier Tempests had the tranny in the rear.  Is the one in this one in the traditional spot?

@Rider Ron
Unfortunatly it is not one of the rear trans cars. Those were made from 61 to 63 on the compact Y body. Those also had rear independent suspension and came with a 4 cyl engine that was the right bank of the pont  389 V 8.

March 08, 2018, 09:57:26 PM
Reply #207

bc45

Global Moderator
The 85 Camaro came back to upgrade the brakes to Aerospace components Brake system, also getting new rear tire as the stock street tires keep breaking loose every time you give it any gas. Ill get some pics of the tire tomorrow when they come in.

Like Like x 1 View List

March 13, 2018, 09:51:19 AM
Reply #208

WantMore

Supporting Member
Love this thread! Thanks @bc45
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 2 View List

March 13, 2018, 06:31:18 PM
Reply #209

bc45

Global Moderator
Here are the new Micky Thompson tire, You can see the regular street tire that was on it.

Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.