December 17, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Get attention and get your potholes fixed  (Read 1528 times)

April 27, 2015, 10:54:18 AM
Read 1528 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Looks like this particular graffiti artist has found a way of getting the potholes in his area the attention that results in getting them fixed faster.  >:D

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/campaigner-highlights-potholes-by-drawing-penises-around-them/26618.html

Lots of pictures on the website.  :o

April 27, 2015, 10:57:55 AM
Reply #1

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Well that is different. LOL
Two Lane Highway

April 28, 2015, 09:17:58 AM
Reply #2

WantMore

Supporting Member
Got their attention!  ^-^
Smoke em if you got em

April 28, 2015, 06:50:16 PM
Reply #3

LAWDOG

Now that is brilliant, that's what that is!!!! ^-^
Fixin stuff that ain't broke...

March 12, 2018, 11:37:51 AM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
With winter about to go away and spring riding just around the corner you know that potholes will be out there to greet you and swallow you up!

I found this Guide to Potholes and thought I would add it to this thread. Some good British humor is involved here so maybe we will need @TD to do a translation.  ;D

March 13, 2018, 01:01:35 PM
Reply #5

TD

Community Advocate
I'm afraid that this ole laptop is on it's last legs, and doesn't have a programme to sort out pdf files, so I'm sorry.
As you may have gathered from Larry's original post, "oop narth" they have a very different sense of humour to those of us that live "dahn saff!"
Down in this part of the world, we are more reserved with how we express ourselves, (dare I say it? Yes I dare!) in a more gentlemanly manner!
Pot holes in this area, are high-lighted with white paint, and in some cases, a plant is put in the middle. O:-)
This infuriates the local councils no end!  >:D
I thought that the most humourous bit about the web page was the council representative saying:-
"Every penny that we have to spend cleaning off this graffiti is a penny less that we have to spend on actually repairing the potholes."
These "people" are not putting the money into these repairs that are needed.
It is because of this, that folk think up ways of highlighting them, whether that is with plants or painting a cock over them. I'm sure around the country there are many other ways that folk have used. I do love "people power" and it's a great way of reminding politicians, no matter how high or low their stature is, that the voters do in fact have the final say, and they should remember that.

TD 8)
You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic
Ian Hunter

March 13, 2018, 08:33:50 PM
Reply #6

bc45

Global Moderator
That is funny

March 14, 2018, 04:31:11 AM
Reply #7

mqqn

Global Moderator
In Illinois it would be easier to draw a penis around the spots WITHOUT a pothole.

Add that to an upside-down budget thanks to Chicago dems, and a reduced county road repair budget and it all adds up to the same thing: You better be driving an HD truck, because the roads are going to tear up a car.

Maggie and I have a realtor in Tennessee looking for properties so we can sell our home in Illi-cago and move somewhere that has an actual government.

Off to dodge the potholes on the way to work!

best

mqqn
Like Like x 2 View List

March 14, 2018, 02:29:43 PM
Reply #8

HDBitchin

Administrator
Here is an interesting idea on how to fund the fixing of potholes!   }=   ^*?

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.