October 19, 2017, 04:43:14 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum

Poll

Have you completed a formal motorcycle training class?

Yes
30 (56.6%)
No
23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Have you completed a formal motorcycle training class?  (Read 9465 times)

March 06, 2016, 12:47:15 PM
Reply #30

ElectraGlider

No

September 25, 2016, 01:15:51 AM
Reply #31

Poohbear63

I took some lil ole course back in 82 or 83 on base, it was the only way I was allowed to ride on there. It was all easy, had fun just watching the others that had to take it. They had a couple of lil bikes that we could use or we could use our own. I used mine at the time, an 81 850 midnight special, 3 cylinder yamahamer.

Never took nothing since. Figure I've ridden for over a decade when I took that one, and then off and on ever since.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

September 30, 2016, 08:00:42 PM
Reply #32

halestorm79

Yes. I took the ABATE class to get my endorsement. Did everything in one weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

December 20, 2016, 10:03:49 AM
Reply #33

Capital Jack

Global Moderator
Yes and no  it is a tricky situation, I am about to take a refresher course
Nuff said. Were burnin, daylight- Lets ride
  Florida is home, 29 years sober
{I may not git it right the first time, But I will not be KNOCKED OUT til I git it done RIGHT}

December 22, 2016, 04:50:21 PM
Reply #34

tim31556

I took the coarse here in PA. It was great. Went to johnstown voted Wednesday and Thursday I think 3 hours each night. Off Friday. Saturday and Sunday to geistown dmv with the instructor and class. I think it was 5 hours training Saturday and 4 Sunday. Then if all was well we got called in one at a time to see if we passed or failed. Thank god my permit was stamped. I haven't been home most all spring or summer.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

December 22, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
Reply #35

tim31556

And they provided the bikes and it's all free

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

December 22, 2016, 05:24:59 PM
Reply #36

helorn

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

June 03, 2017, 06:07:40 AM
Reply #37

Eddieblz

No.
To late now.

June 16, 2017, 12:00:11 AM
Reply #38

totallytea

Yes I took the class because I thought it would teach me how to ride a street bike, but it basically taught emergency procedures and got my motorcycle endorsement instead of going to dmv to get it.

Sent from my Z988 using the HDBitchin Harley Forum mobile app

T.

June 16, 2017, 04:45:21 AM
Reply #39

j f go

Community Advocate
No classes, however I have watched "Ride Like A Pro" and the info there is extremely good. I did learn things that I'd never even considered to do while riding. I practice the manuvers  when ever I can so that when I need to use them I don't freeze up. I don't think you can ever stop improving how you handle your motorcycle. JMHO Ride Safe - Be Safe  ;D 8)

June 16, 2017, 07:15:47 AM
Reply #40

HDBitchin

Administrator
Yes I took the class because I thought it would teach me how to ride a street bike, but it basically taught emergency procedures and got my motorcycle endorsement instead of going to dmv to get it.

Was it Team Arizona Motorcycle Training that you used?
HDBitchin aka Tank          Start your Bitchin!!
Need DIY Help? Follow this link...The Harley School of Hard Knocks @ HDBitchin»

June 18, 2017, 11:22:44 PM
Reply #41

totallytea

Yes it was. At Harley Davidson if Scottsdale. They might have changed the course since I took it, but I really thought they were going to teach me how to ride a street bike. I knew how to ride dirt bikes. I have ridden those since I was a kid. I was nervous about a 750lb bike and traffic. I really learned on my first trip out. My ex husband decided to take me to Prescott during rush hour. I was scared to death. He was yelling at me to keep up. I was going 70mph what more did he want? I gave him the bird and he got really mad at me. We stayed the night in Prescott. He got up the next morning put his gear on and left me there to ride home alone! I did it! Then I divorced him! You can read about it in the October 2015 issue of quick throttle magazine online. It was actually the best thing he did for me!

T.
Like Like x 2 Funny Funny x 1 View List

June 19, 2017, 07:25:24 AM
Reply #42

mqqn

Global Moderator
Good  for you, TotallyT -

I have had several MSF classes - from the basic to the advanced.

I have taken these classes more than once so to pair up with a friend who is learning to ride.

You can always learn something new.

best

mqqn

June 20, 2017, 06:58:58 AM
Reply #43

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Yes it was. At Harley Davidson if Scottsdale. They might have changed the course since I took it, but I really thought they were going to teach me how to ride a street bike. I knew how to ride dirt bikes. I have ridden those since I was a kid. I was nervous about a 750lb bike and traffic. I really learned on my first trip out. My ex husband decided to take me to Prescott during rush hour. I was scared to death. He was yelling at me to keep up. I was going 70mph what more did he want? I gave him the bird and he got really mad at me. We stayed the night in Prescott. He got up the next morning put his gear on and left me there to ride home alone! I did it! Then I divorced him! You can read about it in the October 2015 issue of quick throttle magazine online. It was actually the best thing he did for me!

Always ride at your own pace you are comfortable with. I'm glad you didn't let that trip discourage you and kept riding.
CARS SUCK!

The Harley Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2017 All rights reserved.